Possible fraud/scam Carbex-Courier

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Possible fraud/scam Carbex-Courier

Postby klaydze » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:31 am

Hi everyone!

Anyone who already transacted to Carbex-Courier (http://carbex-courier.com) or www.carwex.com?

I found a cheap car in the internet and I'm very interested to buy it. I contacted the seller to inform that I'm very interested on the car.
I ended up buying the car and she decided to use an escrow service. She said we will use the Carbex-Courier to work on the shipment. I paid half on the total price of the car to start the shipment.

At first, I'm very excited on the car. One time i forget the exact website of the courier and i decided to search it in google and the first link said that this Carbex-Courier is a Internet scammer. I was shocked because I already paid the half of the car and realizing that maybe I'm already a victim of this scam. :-(

Now, to make sure that this is a scam i ride to them and do all the instruction that they said. They said that the car is now in the boarder of our country and instructed me to pay the balance for custom clearing.

And also i found that, if you search the Company No of Carbex-Courier which is (NL02189045) other company have this Company No. too. It called Carwex www.carwex.com according to this topic http://forum.escrow-fraud.com/viewtopic.php?t=1881.

Guys, i need your intelligent advice on what is the best thing to do to check if this is a scam or not. Should I pay the remaining balance and collaborated to the police so that i have protection and also to find if this is a scam or not?

How do i refund my previous payment on them?

Thanks and Regards,
klaydze
klaydze
NewBorn

Re: Possible fraud/scam Carbex-Courier

Postby lightfair » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:22 am

Hello;

first of all: It definitely IS a scam. The money you already paid is probably gone (it usually is picked up very quickly); chances to get it back are very slim (to put it mildly). Which means if you pay the second half this will be gone, too.

So what you need to do now is to file a police report immediately. You should also post additional information here: like the alleged names and email addresses of the scammer and the payment instructions.

Why is it fake? It really is almost bizarre. From http://carbex-Courier.com/history.php:

Where does the name World Courier Cargo come from?

These are the first letters of the last names of the three company founders, Adrian Dalsey, Larry Hillblom and Robert Lynn.

Of course the first letters of the last names don't result in "World Cargo Courier"; they result in "DHL". The whole "history" page is copied from a DHL description.
lightfair
Master

Postby klaydze » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:50 am

Hello,

I make conversation on the seller (Lanna Tory) of the car often not on the courier (Carbex-Courier). The seller give me some procedure on how the shipment goes.

Seller Information
Name of the Seller: Lanna Tory
Email Address: lannatory@yahoo.com

Courier Email Address
customerservice@carbex-courier.com>

Agent Name
Mr. Jason Davidson

Please see below procedure that she said to me.

1. Seller and Buyer agree on the sale. I will need your full name and address for the shipping company;
2. I will make all required arrangements for our transaction, so the delivery procedure can start;
3. Shipping schedule/tracking number/payment instructions/loan type if needed/paperwork will be provided to you by the shipping company;
4. Downpayment of 50 % of TOTAL purchase price is requested by the shipping company (when completed, the vehicle will be available for test drive and for mechanical inspection by your authorized dealer shop). For the period of 14 days you will be the possesor of the car so you can convince yourself about this sale;
5. When Testing period is done you will contact the shipping company with a YES/NO about the deal. If "YES", you will sign all paperwork and you will become the owner of the vehicle and also you will have to pay the remaining balance of the purchase price; If "NO", you return the car and the Downpayment is going to be reimbursed

Here is the payment notification of Carbex-Courier yesterday.

Carbex Courier Ltd.
Company No NL02189045
Nature of Business (SIC(03)
6024 - Freight transport by Air
Carbex Courier Ltd. Shipping Notification

Dear (My Name Here),

Welcome to Carbex Courier Ltd.

We would like to inform you that the shipment has reached your country borders and now we are awaiting for clearance. An update of your transaction has been made and our Shipping Department has sent this notification in order to complete our transaction.

We confirm that we need you to make another payment of the remaining balance so we can confirm to the custom authorities that payment has been received in full, so we can be able to make the delivery on Saturday 10 of December. This is just a measure to pass your country custom, there will be nothing to change our agreement. Please use the same details as for the first transfer. Receiver must be our delegated agent Mr. Jason Davidson. The remaining balance of 50% (£ 2,068.00) has to be made in one transfer from any Western Union office in your near vicinity.

At the day of the delivery, after your inspection period has started if for some reason you would like to return the car you will be fully refunded, including the transfer fees for both transfers. We would like to apologies for this inconvenience but it is not our change of procedure.

We will await your email with payment confirmation latest tomorrow evening. Please keep in mind that if we will not receive your payment tomorrow, the delivery will be delayed. Please email us the copy of the Money Transfer receipt and one identification document to make the legal transfer of the ownership certificate.

The Seller is unable to receive any information regarding the payment data.
This action is restricted by a mutual agreement between the Seller and Carbex Courier Ltd.

Thank you.

Carbex-Courier.com, Inc.
Terminal 2, Manchester International Freight Terminal
Westinghouse Road, Trafford Park
Manchester, M17 1DP
United Kingdom
E-mail: customerservice@carbex-courier.com
Web: http://carbex-courier.com

Thanks and Regards,
klaydze
klaydze
NewBorn

Postby klaydze » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:52 am

Hi,

The information below is the name and address of the person where i address the money when i send it using Western Union.
Hope this information will help.

Name: Jason Davidson
Address: Group of Companies, Unit C, Ponton Road
City: London
Zip Code: SW8 5BA

Thanks
klaydze
NewBorn

Postby Carlatate » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:38 am

THANK GOD I FOUND THIS!

I am this close to making that agreement. Too good to be true in fact. All previous comments are very much the same.

The person I'm making a transaction is Belinda Avalos -154 Bayswater Road, London, W2 4HP, England. <avalosbelinda@yahoo.com.ph>

Now that I've done my homework, I want to stop this scam by luring her that I'm very very interested and I'm making the agreement with them by sending money very soon. I want an entrapment for these people. Can you tell me how? Any cyber crime office I can reach out to?
Carlatate
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud