Is this a fraud?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Is this a fraud?

Postby dpenev » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi All,

I am Dimitar and I ma leaving in Bulgaria

Recently I have sent several e-mails asking about a car from mobile.de
It was interesting that from two differnt persons for two different cars
I got exactly the same text. So aparanetly it is a froud.

Emails I got the response are
ing.andreww@googlemail.com <ing.andreww@googlemail.com>
grdonna@gmail.com <grdonna@gmail.com>

I also got response from Shaw Peter Erik <shawerick@googlemail.com>
Which says that he is living in London now and tring to convince me that .. well let me send you the email

Hello,
Just like you know the car it is with me in UK,London:
If you want to came here is my proposition
you must go to a Western Union agent( you can find one in each postal office or by visiting http://www.westernunion.com ) and you must put 4000EUR of the money
there to your name to UK, London or YOU will ask a friend to come with you to Western Union Office. HE will make a transfer so that HE will be the sender and YOU will be the receiver. YOU will receive the money from Western Union in UK,London
So the address of the receiver will be UK,London(In this way i`ll be sure that you`ll be in London and that you`ll buy the car)
in the moment that you have made the transfer you must send me a scan copy of the paper (receipt) from Western Union (if u have this money or not), after that i will meet with you here,
when you`ll come here will check and see that all is allright and in working condition. Then we can go both to a Western Union agent here and get the money.
I ask you that because i have alot of inquires on it and i will keep the car for you.As you see this methode is a secure one because you cannot lose your money and I don't lose my time. You cannot lose your money because they will be on your name and you are the only person able to pick them up.
With this deposit you proof me that you are a serious person and you want to buy my car.As regarding the money transfer expences you don't have to worry at all because they will be deducted from from the final amount, so they will be payed by me.
if u agree with this please contact me asap.
Thanks and have a good day.

I think this is something fishy as well

Can you give me some advices about mobile.de and is there a real seller at mobile.de at all?

If I approach a dealer with declared website (not a private seller )is this 100% safe?

Thank you !
Dimitar
dpenev
NewBorn

Re: Is this a fraud?

Postby georg » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:41 pm

Hi Dimitar, welcome here.
1. the e-mail adresses:
ing.andreww@googlemail.com <ing.andreww@googlemail.com>
grdonna@gmail.com <grdonna@gmail.com>
<shawerick@googlemail.com>
are using by international scammers

2. the mail-text
is the normally scammer-text for fraudulent mails

3.100% safe and secure dealer
NOBODY can say you this...is everytime a question of checking.
i.e.: you mean, this is a serious dealer-website:
http://www.tune-auto.tk/
BUT IT IS A FAKE
europe support
georg

Postby dpenev » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:11 pm

Hi George,

Thank you very much for your answer!

>http://www.tune-auto.tk/
>BUT IT IS A FAKE

I have to admit that this looks very real for me.
Profesional flash, addresses, phones even map ....
and I really have no idea why goverment tolerates this .... :shock:

I will always consult with your guys if I find a good car for me on the net.
To avoid car fraud seems to not be that easy for person like me.
I have bought only one car in my life and it was 7 years ago.

Best Regards
Dimitar
dpenev
NewBorn

Postby georg » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:19 pm

dpenev wrote:phones even map ....
and I really have no idea why goverment tolerates this .... :shock:

Yes, "good" :evil: working from the gangster-group, BUT: the phone-number is a forwarding-number to anywhere....

have fun on the search for aa good car...if you want help, ask here. :lol:
cu
europe support
georg

Postby toscoman » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:07 am

Yes, this is a scam. Shaw Peter Erik <shawerick@googlemail.com>

Someone got hold of the passport of the real Peter Erick (correct spelling is "Erick") Shaw and from that time on they have used his name and pictures of his passport for endless scams.

In any case, NEVER send money by Western Union - it cannot be traced nor recalled. Once it's gone, it's gone.
toscoman
NewBorn

Postby duffy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:02 pm

I had similar situation today so would like to share the e-mail I received. This is apparently a fraud.

Hello,

The car is in perfect condition inside and outside as well. Never involved in any accidents, no scratches and keep garage.
I bought the car from Croatia because I worked there until 2 weeks ago in a hospital and I had to get back home in England,London .
It is very difficult for me to drive the car with the steering wheel to the left in the United Kingdom, so I'm forced to sell it.
The car is registered in Croatia and have croatian number plates .

Here is how I want to go about delivery and payment for the car which will be through a shipping company and will also give you the chance to inspect the car before I receive the payment for it.
I will explain to you step by step how this will work :
A. First you have to send me your shipping information (your name and address).
1. After I receive your shipping info, I will go to shipping company Location and leave the car onto your name and with your shipping address as the intended receiver.
2. The shipping company service will check the car also the legal papers to see that everything is OK with it.
B. You will receive a notification from shipping company service as a confirmation that the car is in their custody and also, that the car has been tested.
1. After that, you will have to send the total amount to shipping company service.
2. The shipping company service will verify the Transfer, and if everything is in order, they will deliver the car to your door step.
3. After you will receive the car and you will be completely satisfied with it, you will instruct the shipping company service with your decision.
C. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the product, you will return the car to the shipping company service with no expense.
I will support all the taxes and feeds, you will have a 10 days period to inspect the car and if you are not satisfied in it you will be fully refunded within 24 hours. Any damaged or returned unit will be either replaced or refunded.
If you agree with my idea please provide me your full name and address for shipping, so I can initiate the transaction through the shipping company service.
After that they will contact you with transaction details, invoice, payment instructions and more information about the shipping company service protection.
I sent you a copy of my passport.
Please reply as soon as possible because I have lots of interested customers.
Best regards!
duffy
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:24 pm

duffy wrote:I had similar situation today so would like to share the e-mail I received. This is apparently a fraud.

This is correct. The scammers have been targeting victims from Eastern Europe for some time now. The texts of the mails are always the same, just the country is changed.

If you feel like it you can play along (preferably with false data) to see if the scammer wants you to use a specific (fake) shipping company; then we can try to shut that down.
lightfair
Master

Postby peter » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:05 pm

http://royals-mail.co.cc/

Is this website real or not?
peter
NewBorn

Postby steveb » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:06 pm

No this website is not real!
It is the same website that I bought into last week. Except the address is different.
When I looked at it, it was http:royal-delivery-exxpress.eu
If you search my address on this site, you can see that it is the same false company.
Yesterday they got me for just under 500 euro. Not alot, but better in my pocket than theirs!
steveb
NewBorn

Postby peter » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Thanks they were trying to rip me of.
I was thinking to buy a car for 6000 euro.
so thanks alot.
peter
NewBorn

Next

Return to Escrow Fraud