escrow fraud

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

escrow fraud

Postby ppoeppelme1 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:10 pm

I just googled myself and found my name, address listed on your page as a fraud alert. My identity was stolen and this business set up. How can I get my personal information removed from this site. This was not me.
ppoeppelme1
Infant

Re: escrow fraud

Postby georg » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:12 pm

where pls ? show the link or information and we do check this
europe support
georg

Postby ppoeppelme1 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:19 pm

It is fortis-escrow-payment .com I placed a police report but couldn't get any information due to the "Privacy Act" from Resister.Com. My credit card was used, My name and address. Only the criminal has rights. I am giving this information to the police that I found on your site since it shows an email address and phone number. (not mine) But I'm sure it isn't any good by now. I was horrified to see my real name and address on your site. If anyone googles me they will see this. PLEASE have this removed.
ppoeppelme1
Infant

Postby ppoeppelme1 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:39 pm

http://escrow-fraud.com/fraud_data.php?id=3892 Here is your link to this site.
ppoeppelme1
Infant

Postby georg » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:28 am

the admin only can delete the information or the link
i have inform him...lets see...
europe support
georg

Postby JaxHot » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:41 pm

I'm sure PEG can accomodate your request and remove your name and address from public view, but leave the URL and host data in the database.
Perhaps you should go after the companies that allowed your stolen credit card information to be used in connection with criminal activities.
There are no laws which prevent web companies from accepting stolen credit cards to create fake companies on line which are used to defraud others.
Try using a stolen credit card to create a company at your local city hall or a federal or state agency
The web hosting companies create their own laws and then don't abide by them.
Report this to your State Attorney General, if they have any balls they'll do something about this situation.

Yes the scammers appear to have more rights than the victims in this situation.
This needs to change.
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ppoeppelme1 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:41 pm

JaxHot thank you for understanding. However, we tried to go after Register.com and were unsuccessful. There were other companies as well. The only online company with any scruples was Match.Com. Yes a dating online service. This person had the nerve to order two memberships via my credit card. They wouldn't give the police or me any information again due to the "Privacy Act." But did issue credits without being asked as they knew it was fraud due to some information given. We couldn't even get a supeona because they wouldn't tell us what state the crime took place. That included Register.com

I have never been so violated in my life as when I saw my name on google and this site. I am embarrassed and angry. More so then when this person was shopping about the country under my name. I am a victim and hope this company removes my personal information. Leave the phone number and email address though. That is the criminals. FYI this was already checked into and the phone number no longer exists or the yahoo account. My next step is to see if they really did exist and to see if we can get information from them.

I appreciate any help you can give me to remove my personal information.
ppoeppelme1
Infant

Postby JaxHot » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:11 pm

The Yahoo account still exists:
http://profiles.yahoo.com/sexy_balamuc2005

Your scammer is Romanian.

Additional message sent to PEG
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby peg » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:48 pm

I have modified the information in the database.

Please verify that it does NOT reflect your personal information. I have left the city state and zip info as well as that is not specific to you.

Please be warned that search engines such as google.com may still have this information cached for several days so the search result will still show your information. We cannot do anything about that here. That is an issue for those sites.

If there is anything else I can do to help please feel free to contact me via PM on this board or by email by emailing escrow-fraud at this domain.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ppoeppelme1 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:30 am

Thank you for your assistance. I wouldn't know how to contact google but at least taking my name and address from your site
is a start. Romanian???? How on earth do these people get this information? I am in the USA. I tried to email this person and my email was returned stating it no longer existed. You computer guru's amaze me.

This has been a long road for me and rough. Your amazing grace of helping me get my dignity back on one site is very
much appreciated. If these criminals knew (or cared) what a person goes through with identity theft perhaps the world would be a better place.

Thank you again for your assistance on this matter. I will definitely send a donation. But be assured not by credit card. A check is on the way as soon as I find your address.
ppoeppelme1
Infant

Next

Return to Escrow Fraud