HELP - JUST GOT SCAMMED WWW.ESCROW-HOLDINGS.NET **BEWARE

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Re: HELP - JUST GOT SCAMMED WWW.ESCROW-HOLDINGS.NET **BEWARE

Postby TAF9112009 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:03 am

I think I had this same ring..or person..attempt to commit a fraud today, I am selling a diamond ring on Ebay..he wanted me to ship the ring first..then accept money into this escrow holdings account on the website. I specifically stated in the Ebay add PayPal only..but..that did not stop him from attempting to commit the fraud. Lucky for me, I have experience..from working in law enforcement..and I knew right away..that something was not right..his user ID today on Ebay was "nuibfadess"...then he circumvented Ebay and started sending Emails to my Email account trying to pressure me into the sale. I told him too bad..PayPal only..or nothing..finally he stopped writing to me when I informed him that I was reporting him to Ebay and that I realized he was not a legitimate buyer and a possible criminal.
My advise to all victims..you can report this to your local law enforcement agency..most agencies have Criminal Investigation Divisions which cover internet crime/fraud. You probably won't get your money back unless you can talk to your Insurance companies and see if your loss is covered under your homeowners or renters policies and the item is covered. It does not hurt to call and ask about it.
And again..if they don't want to use PayPal..don't make the sale..it's not worth the loss. Thanks!
TAF9112009
NewBorn

Postby JaxHot » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:27 am

What was the email address the scammer used?
What was the website he tried to get you to use?
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lightfair » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:37 am

pirategirl wrote:I myself had the pleasure of a request from "Mr. Jeff Rabben". He attempted to purchase a ring I was selling on e-Bay.

For all of you out there, his user eBay ID he hit me up with was spinvertu (0) ...again with NO FEEDBACK!!
Add that to the list of undesirables!!
He sent me two e-mails!! So I reported him not once, but twice to eBay.

Just so this doesn't get lost:

Well done, that's the right spirit!

The ebay account "spinvertu" is meanwhile gone (no doubt thanks to your reports).
lightfair
Master

Postby peg » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:50 am

TAF9112009 wrote: And again..if they don't want to use PayPal..don't make the sale..it's not worth the loss. Thanks!

I don't entirely agree with this statement. If I am selling a $25,000 car for $15,000 and someone paid me on Paypal, the "FEE" would exceed $500.00 where on escrow.com I could sell a car up to $30,000 and it would only cost $200.00. Also with escrow we can split this cost (both buyer and seller) for the convenience of the safety.

When selling on eBay, especially high dollar value items, the fees between eBay ($125.00) and PayPal (in my example above $523.00) can get very high. According to eBay you cannot add additional fees to help compensate. Even still you have little assurance that you are protected using paypal. There are many ways you can get "Ripped off" using paypal as well. This is not to say I don't trust Paypal, but I don't think it's the ONLY alternative.

A legitimate Escrow does provide a bit more protection and can be significantly cheaper (125 + 200 = 325 versus 648) . But you must make sure it's legitimate. That's why there are sites like this one.

If a seller (or buyer alike) are in such a rush that you cannot do some basic research, then you don't need that sale/purchase that bad.

Do your homework and spend a little time. After all, all you have to lose is your money or merchandise, right?

If you still aren't sure if it's a legit site, come here and ask.... We are happy to help.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TAF9112009 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:06 am

Hey all,
I just had a guy approach me on Ebay yesterday, user I.D. is nuibfadess and his current Email was fabanlom@me.com. I am selling a diamond ring on Ebay, he sent me a message through Ebay requesting that I use this same website, he wanted me to bypass Ebay. I immediately became suspicious, I reported him to Ebay. He sent me a second message..with a link to the website, stating the item had to be shipped to Spain within 3 days by FedEx priority..and that it was a gift for someone. I went to the website and verified that it was fraudulent.
I have prior experience in law enforcement, and I hope that any of you that have become victims have reported this to your local law enforcement agency and that you have notified Ebay. You may be able to recover monetary value for your loss through your homeowners policies, or rental policies depending on the policy coverage. I feel bad for anyone who has fallen victim to these criminals. Don't give up..but remember..if it sounds too good to be true..it probably is. Never stray outside of Ebay policies and regulations, they are there to protect you for a reason. Good luck!
TAF9112009
NewBorn

Postby TAF9112009 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:16 am

Peg,
You are right, there are other ways to do legal transactions outside of PayPal while using Ebay, I just prefer the method myself, I always plan any fees into the listing..so that my fees are covered in the sale. Thanks for your advise!
TAF9112009
NewBorn

Postby peg » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:42 am

TAF9112009 wrote:Peg,
You are right, there are other ways to do legal transactions outside of PayPal while using Ebay, I just prefer the method myself, I always plan any fees into the listing..so that my fees are covered in the sale. Thanks for your advise!

I agree about the safety of using PayPal, and I too use paypal in my auctions as well (well actually as a seller you are REQUIRED to accept paypal on ebay now.)

I just don't want to leave the impression that Paypal is the ONLY safe payment method. To your point about the fees, it's tough sometimes to add them in. Especially on big ticket items. You tend to get less lookers and/or bidders when you do that, so if you can find a different way to make up the fees, so much the better.

Any way, the whole point is to be safe on the internet and most importantly, Don't get scammed.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby marlenemceachern » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:08 pm

This guy thinks he is good........Jeff Rabben-jeff.rabben@me.com.....He said the same things to me through E-Mail. He did not bid through ebay but he knew all the pacticulars about my item.
He wanted it shipped Via FedEx International Priority it is a gift and I need ti fast. This service will cost me $150.00. Becasue I want the deal to be safe for both of us we will close this deal using http://www.escrow-holdings.net.

You can go to this web site and set up an account and then see where he deposits the money....huge scam.......

I was a fool and mailed the item , then I got looking at this site , which I should have done before......and realized it was a scam and phoned Fed Ex and stopped my package and had it sent back to me.

He did not get me abut I realize he has got alot of people. I have sent him several nasty E-Mails and I know he is reading them becasue I have that feature when he opens the E-Mail it send me a message telling me when he opens my E-Mails. So the E-Mail address he is usung is still valid. jeff.rabben@me.com

He needs to be caught picking up an empty package from Fed Ex. Have him sign for the package and have the authorities there to catch him on camera. How do you go about doing this? Contact Fed Ex? And Spain Authorities or EBay?
Yeah maybe E-Bay.
marlenemceachern
NewBorn

Postby georg » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:12 pm

you be sure, thats he use
http://www.escrow-holdings.net
http://escrow-fraud.com/images/test/esc ... gs.net.jpg

its killed by fraud-hunters long time before....
europe support
georg

Postby voo_voo » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:47 pm

yes this jeff rabbin tried to contact me as well, opened up a new user id on ebay..it is rjackblackjeff with no feedback/
dont do any buisness outside of pay pal and ebay on anything exspensive, i have reported him and there is possibly two other user id's that he is using.
voo_voo
NewBorn

Previous

Return to Escrow Fraud