Suspicious ... SCAM?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Suspicious ... SCAM?

Postby Woor » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:40 pm

hi
i am in contact with a seller.. like the deal looks like the best deal of mylife im not sure if this is a scam or not here a letter from the seller:

Hello ,
The car is like new,in perfect condition ,no scratches,no damage.The price i am looking for my Toyota ,EUR 6200 including the shipping costs,insurance and handling.All the car's documents are prepared for the sale. The deal will be made through M-T Transports ( http://www.euro-freighters.net ) which is a shipping company and my car is in their custody. They will handle everything,payment, delivery and all the documents. I will pay for shipping and insurance so you don't have to worry for more expences. The car will arrive to you in about 2-3 days and you will have 5 days to inspect it before take thedecision to buy it or not.I sell the car at this price because i have a personal problems and i need the money urgently.If you are interested to buy my car you must accept to make the deal through M-T Transports because right now i`m not in London, Uk,I am in a business trip in Europe and the car is in London in the custody of the shipping company. All that you have to do is to take a look on their website and make a decision if you decide to buy please Email me your full informations ( name and address ) and i will contact the company with your full informations so they can send the car at your home address and they will contact you with information ( payment/shipping ) on how to complete this transaction.When the car is sent they will contact you with the informations about the shipping (Tracking Number so you can check the STATUS of the delivery ONLINE on there website ) and with the informations about making a 50% deposit at them on there Payment Agent name and address so the company can be sure that you will have the money to buy the car when it will be delivered to your home address. The car was checked by their repairmens and it is ready to be shipped.Just email me back and let me know if you want to buy the car.

After i read some posts here it looks more and more for me like a scam..maybe someone can tell me if this is a scam or not thx
Woor
NewBorn

Re: Suspicious ... SCAM?

Postby lightfair » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:17 pm

Woor wrote:After i read some posts here it looks more and more for me like a scam..maybe someone can tell me if this is a scam or not thx

It indeed is a scam.

The domain was registered just a week ago and uses a very familiar layout:

http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... &layout=30

(As you can see, this particular layout is already 249 times in the database; you case will be the 250th)

Added to db: http://escrow-fraud.com/fraud_data.php?id=7793

I'll kill it.

Could you please post a few more details: Where did you find the ad (mobile.de, autoscout, ...)? We don't need the complete mails - I've seen dozens of them myself.
lightfair
Master

Return to Escrow Fraud