hELP!! iS THIS A SCAM?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

hELP!! iS THIS A SCAM?

Postby Tonja » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:41 pm

The following is a small series of emails about a horse trailer that is advertised in TN USA then claims he is in Canada and wants to use escrow services. The whole thing seems tooooo wierd. How can I tell what is what with this?

Hello again,
My trailer is still available and it's located in Ontario (ON), Canada and that's why I'll pay all shipping costs and that's why we have to use Escrow service.
Let me explain you all the terms:
Escrow will contact you with full payment details and all the terms for this deal.
The payment will be made to the escrow company .
The payment will be sent to Escrow and I will cash up the payment from them only after you have received the trailer,the shipping will take 3 to 5 days and will be done through DAS (in case you don't want to buy my trailer you'll receive full refund from Escrow and the trailer will remain in custody of Escrow).
If you wish to proceed reply me with full shipping details and let's start the deal today:
-full name
-address
-city
-zip code

Best Regards

--- On Tue, 9/9/08, shstonja@comcast.net <shstonja@comcast.net> wrote:

Subject: Re: EquineThings Inquiry: 1996 Sooner 3H w/Front Dressin (ID: 28472)
To: franksymurai@ymail.com
Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 5:22 PM

I would to see inside pics if possible. If not I at least need to know specs. length, width, weight. First things first.
Thanks,
--
Tonja

-------------- Original message --------------
Hi,
My trailer is still available for $2550,free shipping. Financial situation forces sale below book.
It has a clear title and it's a "like new" trailer. For a fast and smooth transaction I would like to use Escrow service. If you want to buy it reply me and I'll provide you all the details of this deal.
Have a nice day

--- On Mon, 9/8/08, Tonja <shstonja@comcast.net> wrote:

Subject: EquineThings Inquiry: 1996 Sooner 3H w/Front Dressin (ID: 28472)
To: "Frank Symurai" <franksymurai@ymail.com>
Date: Monday, September 8, 2008, 5:34 PM

EquineHits Inquiry

Sender's Info
Interest: 1996 Sooner 3H w/Front Dressin (ID: 28472)
Name: Tonja
Email: shstonja@comcast.net
IP Address: 98.193.187.167
Inquiry: just wondering if you could send interior pics and specs.

------
Please note: this information was submitted by a website visitor and EquineHits is not responsible for either the accuracy of this information, or for the information contained in the email itself.
Seller beware: if a buyer is offering you a deal from overseas and a cashier's check is involved, then, very likely, it is a scam.
Tonja
NewBorn

Re: hELP!! iS THIS A SCAM?

Postby lightfair » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi Tonja;

this sure sounds quite fishy to me. You might want to play along for one or two mails to see which alleged escrow company this is going to be; however you might want to avoid using your real address for this.
lightfair
Master

Return to Escrow Fraud