SafeBikerSales.com

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

SafeBikerSales.com

Postby mharrison » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:46 pm

I have reason to believe that http://www.safebikersales.com at 207.57.116.117 is a fraudulent escrow website set up to defraud individuals out of money while purchasing a motorcycle. I am unable to reach any of the contacts, there is no way to contact anyone via the website, the Secretary of State in CO, and NY have never heard of this business. It was just registered and a seller wants to use this business for escrow. None of the whois contacts are reachable.
mharrison
NewBorn

Re: SafeBikerSales.com

Postby mharrison » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:49 pm

BTW, this originated as a motorcycle sale on CycleTrader.com
http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2004-Honda-CBR-600F4I-93490122

The sellers original e-mail address was formanarmy@gmail.com
In the middle of conversations it switched to ebalojeff@yahoo.com

I didn't bite, but wanted others to know about this.
mharrison
NewBorn

Postby mharrison » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:54 pm

I asked to take a look at the bike and 1 month later received this response:

to: me
date Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 8:11 AM
subject Re: Cycletrader CBR600f4i
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com

hide details Sep 9 (1 day ago)

Hi,

I'm Bob, you inquired about my 2004 HONDA CBR 600 F4I on Cycletrader.
I apologies for the delay, I'm in the army and i was transferred in Kansas and that's why i couldn't reply in time.

If you are still interested in buying it, I'm asking $2,500. It has a clear title, very well maintained, always garage kept, no rust, excellent condition, runs and sounds 100% perfect with no leaks or noises. All power and optional equipments are working perfect. I have to sell this motorcycle as fast as I can because in three weeks I will be in iraq and I'll stay there for a while. I intend to buy a new motorcycle when I'll get back home.

I also need to know if you have the cash to buy the motorcycle, if not when are you able to get it? If you want to buy the motorcycle, I can ship for free within US, you don't have to worry about the distance. You'll love the motorcycle, I can guarantee you that!

Regards,
Bob

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jeff Army Boy <ebalojeff@yahoo.com>
to me
date Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 10:04 AM
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com

hide details 10:04 AM (22 hours ago) [DSCN4523221.jpg,DSCN4523222.jpg,DSCN4523223.jpg,DSCN4523224.jpg,DSCN4523225.jpg,DSCN4523226.jpg,DSCN4523227.jpg,DSCN4523228.jpg,DSCN4523229.jpg]

Hi,

I just sent you the pictures thru attachments. As stated before I have the bike parked here at the army base in Kansas and i will pay the shipping fees. I think the shipment of the motorcycle will not take more than 2-3 days. All i can tell about this motorcycle is that it's in perfect condition, no accidents and no problems at all. I'm not selling it because something is wrong with it, I'm selling it because there's no use to keep this motorcycle parked so long in the garage and I prefer to buy a new motorcycle when I'll get back home. Please confirm that you are interested in buying the motorcycle.

Bob

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ebalojeff@yahoo.com
to Me
date Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 3:11 AM
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com

hide details 3:11 AM (5 hours ago)

Hi,

I recommend to make the whole transaction for the bike thru the http://www.safebikersales.com website, they will take care of the paper work including title transfer and they will secure the transaction between us. All you have to do now is to go and register an account with their website and after that you must provide me the email address you registered with and then i will start the transaction. Once the transaction will be set, they will guide you how to make the secure payment. Once I'll receive the confirmation of payment from website, I'll ship the motorcycle to you, it's simple, fast and secure. When you receive the motorcycle you will have 10 days to inspect and run it, if you decide to keep the motorcycle then you have to go again on the website and accept the merchandise, only after you accepted the website will pay me. I'll handle both shipping and the website transaction fee. I'll start the transaction as soon as I'll have your username and email
address you used to register with.

Now, it's up to you, the ball is in your court.

P.S. Please give me an answer as soon as possible because I have another potential buyer and I don't know what to tell him.
Have a nice day

Bob
mharrison
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:16 pm

safebikersales.com isn't reachable for me so I cannot comment on the actual content of this site. But as you said it was very recently registered; and the whole way the mails were written is very reminiscent of the typical scam setup.
lightfair
Master

Return to Escrow Fraud