PLEASE HELP!!! IS THIS A SCAM??

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

PLEASE HELP!!! IS THIS A SCAM??

Postby satman4life » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:15 pm

For france and netherlands they changed the name in Croatia is still triple deal.please check out http://corporate.tripledeal.com/main.js ... ystructure ?????

Seems way to good to be true for a 06 range rover paying only 17,000$
satman4life
NewBorn

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! IS THIS A SCAM??

Postby lightfair » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:33 am

As far as I know this company indeed exists.

However it is not uncommon that you get

- either just a mail claiming to come from the company but in reality coming from somebody else
- or being in the directed to a different webpage claiming to be tripledeal
- or even a pharming attempt

Could you post more details on the deal?
lightfair
Master

Postby satman4life » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:06 pm

Re: 2006 Range Rover SUPERCHARGED Land RoverMonday, September 1, 2008 10:45 AM
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified "mihailkre@gmail.com" <mihailkre@gmail.com>Add sender to Contacts To: satman4life1@yahoo.com
-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

For france and netherlands they changed the name in Croatia is still triple deal.please check out http://corporate.tripledeal.com/main.js ... ystructure

http://www.tripledeal.com and you can contact them at tripledeal.escrow@europe.com

full name, street address, city, zip code, state, country - are the all information needed to start the transaction. I will sign the papers with tripledeal and they will send you the invoice and ask for the payment.

So to be clear, the price including the shipping & handling taxes is 16,800.00 USD (American Dollars) by the way, you have to make the payment in American Dollars because tripledeal Croatia accepts only USD, EURO, GBP, HRK.

Best regards,

i hope this is enough info? i cna also post more if needed.

Thanks
satman4life
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:31 pm

There are two very distinctive signs here:

So this is a big company, but the company email address is at some completely different provider? Don't ask how many "autoscout24@something" addresses I have seen so far.

full name, street address, city, zip code, state, country - are the all information needed to start the transaction. I will sign the papers with tripledeal and they will send you the invoice and ask for the payment.

See: Like I described in scenario 1 you will be getting a mail with an Invoice and payment instructions, claiming to come from tripledeal. But in reality it will come from the scammer. Tripledeal has nothing to do with this.

Yes, sure sounds very fishy to me. Did the "seller" give a reason why the car is so cheap?
lightfair
Master

Postby satman4life » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:39 pm

Is so far for me to get back in Canada with the car, this is the reason why i'm dealing through an escrow company, I don't want some one from us to have any risk, I prefer to sleep good and everythings will go fine. I'll tell you for sure, the car is amazing.To be honest, I really love this car but I have no choice to keep it, is too expensive to register a NON EUROPEAN car and otherwise I have to do seriouse engine modifications in order to get the EUROPEAN STANDARDS, I really don't know if that is possible. And if something is broken or I need some parts I have to order them from USA or Canada because the EUROPEAN parts are different by USA/Canada parts. Thank you,Mihail

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 4:37 PM, sat shakur <satman4life1@yahoo.com> wrote:

ok, i am gonna give tripledeal a call to make sure we are both safe first before we start any transaction. Why cant you bring the car here and we can make a transaction the old fashion way. I check out the car, its good and i pay you cash? if you unsure weather ill like it or not, i am a huge range rover fan and i can tell you if it runs fine (engine wise) i can pay you cash on the spot (to be honest this seems to good to be true). thanks

--- On Sun, 8/31/08, mihailkre@gmail.com <mihailkre@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: 2006 Range Rover SUPERCHARGED Land Rover
To: satman4life1@yahoo.com
Date: Sunday, August 31, 2008, 4:54 PM

Thank you for your e-mail.TripleDeal is a commitment and will be as third. They provide money in a bank account TripleDeal. The bank account will be managed by an agent transaction and as soon as they receive the payment they will send me a notification to start delivery. After you receive, the car will be available for 7 days to inspect.
If you decide to buy the car after inspection, you must notify TripleDeal to release the payment to me. If the vehicle has a problem, or it's not like you saw on kijiji, you have the right to return, and TripleDeal will return the money to you. If you do not buy you ask the agent for a refund (without fee) after you return the vehicle at the delivery company. The car will be delivered with a certificate confirming the perfect technical condition and if you refuse the car, you will return in the same condition. Shipping costs, including insurance during transport, are paid entirely by me. You will not be responsible if you return the vehicle. The car is in perfect condition, and we will not have this problem. I have already prepared all the papers and the car and they are ready for delivery. The car will be delivered with a certificate of transfer under your name that you will save it very easy and all other papers of the car. Please tell me when you're ready to do business with the TripleDeal and please send me your name, your shipping address (street, number, zip code, city), so they can contact you with a case concerning our business .
Best regards,
Mihail

HERE IS MORE! ps you guys are awsome! helping me out alot.
THANKS!!
satman4life
NewBorn

Postby georg » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:40 pm

Tripledeal don't use this stupid e-mail-adress: tripledeal.escrow@europe.com

it is a FAKE....
europe support
georg

Return to Escrow Fraud