I need help!!!

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

I need help!!!

Postby ViVi2008 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:00 am

HI,
I recently was contacted by a buyer and stupidly agreed to use http://www.escrow.axspace.com/company.html. She now has the items but I have not received any money. All I get is an email saying that they are in the process of clearing my check, which may take up to 10 days. I contacted the buyer but got no response from her. She is in Indonesia. Can someone tell me if this is valid company? and how I can get in touch with them. The amount was $3100 US dollars.
Thank you.
ViVi2008
Infant

Re: I need help!!!

Postby lightfair » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:11 pm

Hello;

the company isn't a real company; it's a complete fake.

See

http://escrow-fraud.com/images/sites/Layout31/

and following pages; this is one of the most overused designs.

You need to contact the police immediately! I'm afraid there is not much we can do (except killing the site). Make printouts of everything (emails, web site) and go to the police.
lightfair
Master

Postby ViVi2008 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:03 pm

Hi,
even if I go the police, what can they do since she is in Indonesia and the company is based in England. I am in the United States. I will just have to learn from this lesson. I can't contact ebay because I went outside of their buyer protection program.

:-((
ViVi2008
Infant

Postby ViVi2008 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:04 pm

how can we kill the site?...that will help others...also any idea on how i can use ebay to help me?
ViVi2008
Infant

Postby georg » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:27 pm

ViVi2008 wrote:Hi,
even if I go the police, what can they do since she is in Indonesia and the company is based in England. I am in the United States. I will just have to learn from this lesson. I can't contact ebay because I went outside of their buyer protection program.

:-((

1. the guys are NOT in Indonesia and the company is NOT in England...it is a complet fake, the constructor of this fake can be anywhere...

2. ebay dont can help you, no matter whether you are in the protection-program or not

3. we want try to kill this site...wait a few days..
europe support
georg

Postby ViVi2008 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:27 pm

Hi,
here is her information:

name : Dora Renalta Vaugn
address : Jln. Kinasi No. 33 Ciampeun
city : Cimanggis
postcode : 16959
phone number : 62 21 92256511

I sent the package there and it was signed by her....hmmm....I bet if I call the number listed, it is probably an invalid number. Let me know when you are able to kill the web sites.

Thank you for all your responses...this was a hard lesson.
ViVi2008
Infant

Postby georg » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:06 pm

we have send a complaint to the webhoster, you can do it also:
Canaca-com Inc.
mail-adress is:
abuse@canaca.com

i think, the abuse kills this fake...
europe support
georg

Postby lightfair » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:09 pm

ViVi2008 wrote:Hi,
even if I go the police, what can they do since she is in Indonesia and the company is based in England. I am in the United States. I will just have to learn from this lesson. I can't contact ebay because I went outside of their buyer protection program

Yes, this is international crime. The "company" isn't based in England; it's just a website set up by your "buyer". Chances are the the identity of the buyer is also partly fake and the address is just a mail drop. So the chances of catching those people are pretty small - in the short run.

However:

In the long run they might be caught and arrested. This isn't petty theft; this is organized crime. Which means they will pull the same stunt over and over and over. Which also means that police reports and such will accumulate over time - until the proverbial last straw. While the scammer might reside in Indonesia this doesn't mean he is outside of any possible prosecution. Law enforcement agencies actually do cooperate on an international level occasionally.

But this of course requires some evidence and a report to the proper authorities. Nobody is going to investigate anything unless you let them know that you've been defrauded. In the end this might not get you your money back (this might be long gone) but it may help to get those scammers into jail sometimes.
lightfair
Master

Postby ViVi2008 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:19 pm

sure I can file with the police but who?....United States or Indonesia...if you let me know how I will be happy to file...I have all the emails, etc. At this time, I considered this a loss so I am not looking to recover my money. I just wish I can tell that person in his face or her face how angry I am.

thank you.
ViVi2008
Infant

Postby lightfair » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:42 am

This is a good starting point:

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

(alternatively you can start at http://www.fbi.gov/majcases/fraud/internetschemes.htm and then click on "Report Internet Crime" on the left side; the site gives a few descriptions of various fraud schemes)

As explained earlier - this doesn't guarantee any outcome but it's worth a try, even if just for peace of mind.
lightfair
Master

Return to Escrow Fraud