Hurricanes-Shipping.us Legal or Scam

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Hurricanes-Shipping.us Legal or Scam

Postby One Shop » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:29 pm

hello, i am looking at an escrow purchase form a gentle man in California. i am in Michigan in the USA.

the shipping/escrow company he wants to use is at

http://www.huricanes-shipping.us

everything appeared to be good last night when he sent me the link for the tracking info, and when i looked i was able to see the where i was supposed to send a western union money transfer. this was my first sign this might be trouble. any Legitimate USA based Shipping Company should be able to accept, Credit Cards or even a paypal payment. but it seems this company only accepts western union wire transfers.

the 2nd heads up was where i was supposed to send the transfer. it was to a guy with an Italian Name who was in Dallas Texas, Louigi Troboli or something like that. Hurricanes-Shpping is listed as being in Miami Florida, not Dallas Tx where this Luigi guy is supposed to be.

any information you can share with me would be great.
i have not sent any payment, and wont until i verify the legitimacy of Hurricanes-Shipping.

thank you
OneShop
One Shop
Infant

Re: Hurricanes-Shipping.us Legal or Scam

Postby Eniac » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:40 pm

One Shop wrote:

but it seems this company only accepts western union wire transfers.

The appearance of WU money transfers in escrow companies is a clear indication of fraud. Never send money to unknown persons or companies by WU or MoneyGram!

hurricanes-shipping.us is listed as a fraudulent website here: http://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=13039

It seems to be dead by the way.

Eniac
Eniac
Senior

Postby peg » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Could you please verify the website address, as I cannot find any information on huricanes-shipping.us

Including a working URL to the home page would be absolutely great too.

Thanks
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby One Shop » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:44 pm

thats it, i have the web site up on a 2nd page. hang on i ll link it.

http://www.hurricanes-shipping.us/

intro to site.
One Shop
Infant

Postby peg » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:49 pm

I am showing that it's under development and nothing more.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby One Shop » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:50 pm

crazy, i can get around on most all the site, includeing the link they have to internation customs information.

here is the site they link to for customs info
http://www.wcoomd.org/ie/en/customswebs ... sites.html

home page for hurricans
http://www.hurricanes-shipping.us/home.htm
One Shop
Infant

Postby JaxHot » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:00 pm

It was scam site.
If you're trying to rationalize sending a Western Union Money Transfer to anyone you're in the wrong place.
Is the eBay acution still running?
These guys usually lie and say they removed the auction but they didn't.
eBay removes fraud listings, otherwise they are available for viewing up to 90 days from the end of the auction.

What was the scammer's email address?
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby One Shop » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:05 pm

no im not sending any WU. i asked him to ship COD via USPS or FED EX. i doubt i ll get a reply back

seller ended auction early after i inquired about his sell it now price.
and yes the auction was ended early. i ll get the item number in a bit.
for the moment im not willing to share the sellers email on the OFF OFF OFF chance he is legit and just choose a poor company to use to ship with, but i find that unlikely too.

here s the ebay item number, 300086212030. it was listed 2 weeks ago Saturday morning around 2am EST. i seen it about an hr or 2 into the listing, and msged about any bin price.
got back an email saying his price he would accept, am i interested.
i said yes, he ended the auction. i didnt hear back from him until after the weekend on monday. then yesterday i recieved an email saying he has set up the item to be shipped via said carrier above, as escrow, with shipping and escrow fees being deducted from the amount we agreed upon. so i was only paying the agreed upon amount.

so last night after i recieved this emial i went and looked at the website to check the tracking info supplied, and was able to enter the provided info on the sites tracking page, and recived a webpage displaying the details of the shipment, and everything at that point still looked Legit. so i went back to the tracking page and clicked on the payment page and got my first redflag, the Luigi Guys Name and address in Texas to send the W/U money order to. first why would i send money to luigi, when my transaction is with the shipping company. 2nd why is he in texas, when the company is in Florida.
so thats when i started to check into the shipping company itself, and had no problem navigating the website at all. all pages were available and HOT ( all links worked ect.)
on their contact page is where i got the 2nd redflag. an address which proved to be an undilveralbe mail address according to the usps, and could not be located in the white or yellow pages .com websites.

I did keep each page open in its own tab but in hind site, i wish i would of used the prnt page and took a jpg of them. especially the tracking page and the payment page with louigis name and address in Texas.

after all that, i took the sellers info, name, address, ect ect
and did another usps and whitepages address search, which both yielded no known deliverable addresses.

Im sure this is a 100% scam. but if i can bait him in maybe I can get my local FBI office some information. My last job was with an ISP as a service/installation technitian and one of our customers was the ICD of the local FBI office. I got to know the offices 2 Internet Crimes Agent quite well!.

so if the shipping site has been known to be fake and apparently inactive, how is it that its active one day, as some of it still is now, and then other pages are inactive the next?
One Shop
Infant

Postby JaxHot » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:23 pm

The only active page you posted was a link to another site.
Your seller is the Romanian scammer that ran the site.
If you look at the emails you got from him you'll most likely see the AOL IP starting with 172....thats AOL Europe.
Whats the scammer's email address?
Quit protecting him.
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby One Shop » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:16 pm

1st of all, the ONLY person im protecting or trying to protect was me.
the sellers email is from Yahoo, which for ebay i also use a yahoo account.

considering i dont get an address for the seller at the addy given, i will post the email addy he used later tonight. i sent a "having problems getting the info where i need to send payment to, as i couldnt get the information as far as he knows. im hopeing he will redo and send my another email with new Tracking Payment info so i can get more from him to post up.

there was no mention of aol or any aol related sites or email addresses. if i do not hear from the seller by midnigh ESP tonight, then i will post up the yahoo email address. I ll not do so at this point in time.
OneShop
One Shop
Infant

Next

Return to Escrow Fraud