Just scammed!

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Just scammed!

Postby Steve29710 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:19 pm

An indivigual using email address HenryHd2000@AOL.com contacted me about purchasing an item I had listed on Ebay, He wanted to use escrow.com to handle funds. In this same email he ask us to view a pic of an item he had for sale. The attached file when downloaded created the link to a fake escrow.com site at IP 199.238.132.138 where personal info was obtained. Thanks to this site, I followed instructions in a previous post & found & removed the fake IP address.
Steve29710
NewBorn

Postby peg » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:41 am

Depending on WHAT personal info was obtained, you should consider possibliy notifying the Credit reporting agencies and putting a "FRAUD ALERT" in your credit report.

This will make it harder for you to get credit (as they will require MORE verification of your identity but NOT alter your credit worthiness) but more importantly it will make it even harder for someone else to get credit on your behalf.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Escrow Fraud