europe-global-express.com

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Postby peg » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:59 pm

From Email received wrote:
I need you help. Last Wednesday I wired money to Europe for a laptop purchase via Global-ex Western Union for the below receiver.

I was then asked that the funds (USD$270) have been received but I had to then pay an amount of 405 Euros for import taxes before I get the laptop.

After a couple of days and reading forums on the internet I concluded that I had just been a victim of escrow fraud.

I have asked for my money back but have been informed that I still have to pay the 405 Euros, then when I receive the laptop I will then have to reject it to get my refund.

The MCTN number is below and I would like to know if you could trace the receiver or whoever picked up these funds and any possibility of recovering the money.

So far the escrow service email - have not replied to my emails and the website they used do not exist anymore

Person's email: negruincur@yahoo.com
The escrow service email: cs@europe-global-express.com

THE WEBSITE DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE

The person clearly advised me of the addresses of the Global-Ex Western Union Office

The address of the escrow service used is
-------------------------------------------------------------
Global Express Service Ldd
Andrei Popescu Customers-Assistant
17 Sat Lesiile
Craiova , 200486 SP

The goods:
---------------------------
Satellite P35-S605

RECEIVER:
-------------
Sergiu Catalin
Craiova
Romania
Amount $270 USD

Any advice or please post this on as many sites to make people aware

Thanks
XXXXXXXXX

First of all, NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER use Western Union for sending money for any purchase on the internet. WU is for TRUSTED money transfer to people YOU KNOW and TRUST (Family and friends).

That being said, the money is gone and you will not receive the laptop. You are one of the latest victims of online fraud. Contact your local Police and file a report. Perhaps file a complaint with the IC3 http://ic3.gov (Formerly the IFCC).

The next thing you can do is Educate. Educate yourself, Educate others. Let EVERYONE you know, know about this issue so that they do not get caught too. That is why I started this site.

Item added to DB
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby catherine » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:52 pm

Hi the same thing happened to me with a phone i was buying the same person scamed my and the web site globalexpress looked so real that was the thing that sold it for me it looked safe and i stupidely sent money through western union even do my gut feeling said no. Pity i did not find this sight before hand.It was a costly lesson but how do you know if a sight is safe after this.I found the seller on e-bay my first time to use the sight and last i never liked the idea of it and i should of stuck by my gut feeling.
catherine
NewBorn

Postby peg » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:16 pm

Trust your gut, use resources you trust, and always be mindful of who you give what information (i.e. your personal info). Of course you can always post your questions here and wait for a response. Many of us can spot a fraud site pretty quick. On rare occasion we have been wrong (erring on the side of caution) and thought a site WAS fraud when indeed it was NOT. This of course is safer for you rather than the other way. If we are not sure at all, we will generally state that as well and of course encourage users to proceed carefully.

The internet is powerful and a place to get great deals, but like many other avenues of savings, it's also a great place for scammers to seek out prey.

Educate yourself about things you are about to venture into and NEVER be pressured into a deal that doesn't feel right. This is true in life in general. If the deal expires when you walk out of the door (I am just hearing that used car salesman and the pitch that the fellow over there is going to buy this if you don't speil...), then the deal is probably to good to be true and should be avoided.

Sorry about your loss... I know it's a hard lesson, but I am sure you will not do that again. (I know the feeling.... I did a very similar thing.)
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JaxHot » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:43 am

Western Union was sued by the State of New York and agreed to take steps to combat fraud.
http://www.oag.state.ny.us/press/2005/n ... 4a_05.html
If you live in one of the states that participated in the suit and the Western Union agent did not disclose to you that they are aware their services are being used in connection to internet fraud then demand your money back.
Contact your Sate Attorney General's Office.
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Escrow Fraud