I'm buying a car though a escrow site

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

I'm buying a car though a escrow site

Postby jita32 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:03 pm

well, I have found a Audi TT in a very good price, but it's in UK and I'm in Ireland. and the guy contacted me and we had a very good agreement and he give me this site http://www.irishsafedeals.com/index.php for our deal, and saying that let me put half of the price as deposit up front. I believed it very much and thankfully I just have sent 500 Euro up front for some reasons. and i don't know now if it is a fraud. Please help!! what should I do now?
jita32
NewBorn

Re: I'm buying a car though a escrow site

Postby lightfair » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:57 pm

Hello,

unfortunately it is indeed a fraud; the car doesn't exist and the seller hinself is the scammer. The EUR 500 are most likely gone by now.

So what you need to do is the following:

1. Read the following topics:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1885
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1860

It's the same scammer; please compare all those various entries:

http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... layout=171

As you can see there is a number of previous sites that also specifically targetted victims in Ireland.

2. Using all this information file a police report. Make them aware that this is organized crime.

3. If this was a bank transfer try to have you bank reverse it or have you bank at least notify the receiving bank. Have your bank fax a copy of the police report to the receiving bank.

4. Please post additional information, most important the email address of the scammer and the bank details. You can also post how you came across the ad.
lightfair
Master

Return to Escrow Fraud