Is "Europe Fast Courier" fraud ?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Is "Europe Fast Courier" fraud ?

Postby r1010011 » Tue May 18, 2010 4:16 pm

Hello there,

I'm on the verge of buying a Laptop which would be shipped from UK to me (Germany). As response to my question to make the deal via Paypal, he responded, that he will use an Escrow-Company from England. So far so good. I agreed and what I got today is the following:

>>>>Letter from the seller to me>>>>>
Hi,

I just come back from the shipping company. The Dell Studio XPS 16 is sent.
This are the shipping details :
- Tracking Number:# 8AS205**** (I just inserted the "stars" for posting in this forum, privacy reasons)
- Company Website: http://europe-fast-courier.eu/
- Company Name: Europe Fast Courier
You will receive the invoice with the payment instructions immediately.
Please let me know when you received the invoice.

Have a good day !
<<<<<Letter End<<<<<<<

What do you think? Fraud?

Regards,
Sebastian
r1010011
NewBorn

Re: Is "Europe Fast Courier" fraud ?

Postby lightfair » Tue May 18, 2010 4:50 pm

It's a fraud.

I've entered the site into our database: http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... a&id=10476

The whole layout is very well known: http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... layout=210

The "seller" is the fraudster himself. Please post a few more details (like the email address used by the seller and where you came across the laptop).
lightfair
Master

Postby r1010011 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:25 pm

Okay, I already thought of this being fraud, a short whois-Research revealed that is was registered two days ago.

I found the the articel on "quoka.de" (a german portal for small articles, search for Intel T9900, it's the Dell Studio XPS 16), The seller contacted me through the email markkk_j09@hotmail.com
He told a "my kid is ill and I need the money"-story coupled with a "i bought it on a business trip to germany"-story.

Is there anything I can do, to help catch those fraudsters ? In Germany trying to fraud is a crime, but who should I report to the police, I only have two email-adresses (the seller and the domain-registrator) ? I will now inform quoka.de to delete the article.

Thanks,
Sebastian
r1010011
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Wed May 19, 2010 1:52 pm

(I'm doing this in German; it's just additional information)

Hallo Sebastian;

das kommt mir bekannt vor:

http://community.ebay.de/forum/ebay/thr ... dID=357292

Was kann man da nun tun? Natürlich ist Betrug und versuchter Betrug in Deutschland eine Straftat. Ich bin kein Anwalt; ergo kann ich zu bestimmten juristischen Details nichts sagen. Unbestätigten Gerüchten zufolge gilt es erst dann als versuchter Betrug, wenn eine explizite Zahlungsaufforderung erfolgt ist; alles andere würde so oder so nicht verfolgt. Darüber hinaus halten sich die Ermittlungsbemühungen der Polizei wohl in ziemlich engen Grenzen, wenn der Anzeigende nicht geschädigt wurde (sprich: wenn er den Betrug selbst rechtzeitig erkannt hat).
Wenn also eine Zahlungsaufforderung vorliegt (entweder Überweisung oder Western Union): Bitte die Details hier posten und ausserdem Anzeige erstatten. Es schadet sicher nicht, wenn das Ausmaß dieses Betrugs irgendwie mal sichtbar wird; denn dann wird vielleicht auch mal etwas intensiver ermittelt. Es ist international agierendes organisiertes Verbrechen; und ich fände es gut, wenn man erst mal diese Tatsache anerkennt.

Darüber hinaus werde ich wohl heute abend die entsprechende Fakeseite "abschiessen". Solltest Du gewillt sein, da noch etwas dranzubleiben, könntest Du ja versuchen, dem Betrüger danach die nächste (neue) Seite zu entlocken ("....ich wollte gerade bezahlen, aber jetzt funktioniert die Webseite nicht??????...." oder ähnlich) und dann hier posten, so dass wir uns auch darum kümmern können. Und poste bitte auch die Zahlungsdetails, falls bereits vorhanden.

Viele Grüße,

lightfair
lightfair
Master

Postby r1010011 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:12 pm

Ich hab keine Zahlungsaufforderung mehr erhalten. Obige Email war das letzte was ich bis jetzt gehört hab. Wenn die jetzige Bezahlseite offline ist, kann ich versuchen ihm die nächste zu entlocken, aber wahrscheinlich hat er schon kapiert, dass das nichts mehr wird ;-).

Grüße,
Sebastian

**short english version**:
I didn't receive any further payment details.
r1010011
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud