Buyerguardianllc.com a real or fake escrow

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Buyerguardianllc.com a real or fake escrow

Postby snobrdr2324 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:17 am

Hi, I found this website and I know the original buyer guardian closed its doors from what i've heard. Now a seller wanted to use this website and I was pretty skeptical as the website had the "llc" after the buyerguardian but i thought i would ask this forum.
snobrdr2324
NewBorn

Re: Buyerguardianllc.com a real or fake escrow

Postby JaxHot » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:07 am

http://www.Buyerguardianllc.com is a fake website.
Whats the email the scammer used who is selling the item?

...and yes the original buyer guardian closed its doors because of scam sites like the one you posted.
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby peg » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:20 pm

- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby snobrdr2324 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:48 pm

The email the man is using is jackpetricek@msn.com. I was almost positive it was a scam from the start so ive been very careful. He uses autotrader.com and the car he had listed was a 06 BMW 650CI.
Also the website states that they have decided to reopen their doors due to customer demand. They have a live chat with real people but the phone number is always directed to an automated machine saying all operators are busy try again later. I was questioning the live chat last night asking if they had any proof that this site really is bonded and if the verisign and bbb badges were real and when i asked that they threatened me with legal action which was very funny.
snobrdr2324
NewBorn

Postby peg » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:09 pm

Well let's see. The "SSL Image" Image States to "Click to verify" and there is no link on the image.

Also if you go to https://www.buyerguardianllc.com/ (the secure portion) you will find that SSL is not even enabled.

Any legitimate company would be happy to verify their legitimacy to get your business. It's a simple thing to do if you are legit. Threatening legal action is NOT the way to get customers.

Also, since Buyer Guardian contacted this site to have them added in the LEGIT SITES list, I am sure if they decided to come back online they would have made contact with us again since essentially we are both in the same business. Trying to keep the internet safe.

EDIT: Added after original post
Even funnier is as I look at the site if you go to http://www.buyerguardianllc.com/t-car-e ... rvice.html you will find a bullet with the following:
# Secure pages —Legitimate websites asking for personal information will typically use encryption on those pages asking for that information. This is known as SSL or a secure page.

These encryption or SSL certificates cost thousands of dollars. Fake escrow websites will not use secure pages because they don't want to bear the costs of encryption.

Ironically they only prove that they are illegal by their own admission.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cliffarfman » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:21 am

Another scam about to go down. Seller on Autotrader.com using super cheap offer "too good to be true" on 2007 BMW 650i. after agreeing on a deal with the seller - he insisted on clearing funds throught Buyergaurdianllc.com. I tried to get hold of a person at Buyerguardianllc.com and got the ongoing recording that all lines are busy. The seller was kind enough to give me a tracking number to be used on buyerguardianllc.com that told me name of seller and gave me acct to wire money along with name of bank. The website also furnished a bogus inspection report of the car for my bennefit - it looked real but know it came from standard template. In checking with the bank (they are using Bank of America in Las Vegas in my case) on the wire acct i found that Buyergaurdianllc does not hold an account there. Sure enough the acct number was active but the person at the bank could not tell me whose name it was under but could tell me that they have no acct under Buyergaurdianllc.com. I offered to bring cash to the seller and pick up the car but amazingly enough he wants to go through Buyergaurdianllc.com. Buyer be ware. Stay clear of Buyergaurdianllc.com.
cliffarfman
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud