Need Help, Got Scammed $9,000

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Need Help, Got Scammed $9,000

Postby gravikg » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:27 pm

hello

I purchased a website on Sitepoint for $9,000.

the seller wanted to use escrow.com for the transaction. The transaction went through and everything seemed okay during inspection but I have had the site for a few weeks now and it does not live up to the promises the seller provided (ie. the expected income, etc.)

the seller also promised that he will be here to help me for 5-6 months but i am not getting any response from him

is there anyway for me to get my money back?

anything i can do at the moment???
gravikg
NewBorn

Re: Need Help, Got Scammed $9,000

Postby lightfair » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:35 pm

I'm afraid this is far outside the scope of this site or forum. We're dealing here with non-existent companies.

Your case sounds more like a civil case to me (if at all). I am not a lawyer but it probably depends on how the contract was formulated.

As I said we will probably be of very little help here. This clearly isn't a case of escrow fraud since the whole transaction apparently was greenlighted from both sides (you got the site, seller got the money). Anything beyond that is between you and the seller.
lightfair
Master

Re: Need Help, Got Scammed $9,000

Postby gravikg » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:40 pm

there was no contract (physical or electronical) signed either.. it was simply a sitepoint auction and then transaction through escrow. :( :(
gravikg
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud