help needed for a car. is this scam??

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

help needed for a car. is this scam??

Postby paolopira » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:59 am

hello i looked inside craiglist.org and i found an ad for a car. The price was very attractive.
I emailed him and he answered me this (the e-mail was sent by davidcollins11@gmail.com :

Here is what I suggest: we will use Escrow.com service you make the payment in an Escrow.com managed trust fund ( they hold the money until you receive the car ), I send the car over ( the car will be delivered with the title, owner's manual, 2 sets of keys, service records, and of course the bill of sale authorised and signed by me),I will offer a 5 day period from the day you receive the vehicle, you can inspect it, take it to a mechanic to check it out, drive it and then if you decided to keep it, you'll confirm to Escrow.com the sale and they will send the payment to me. If, by any reason, you will not be satisfied with it ( even though I can assure you that it is exactly as described), you can return it at my expense for a full refund of your money, no questions asked.I think this is more than fair for the both of us.

NOTE: The payment is refundable, and is just a security measure, to make sure that you are serious, and that I am not going to ship the car, and loose time and money.

If you are interested to go ahead with the deal, please reply with your full name, phone # and shipping address so I can ask Escrow.com to open a case! After, they will contact you explaining all the details regarding the payment.
I'm looking forward to hear from you.

He sustained that he is in the navy and the car will be shipped to me without paying extra money.

Please let me know as soon as possible if I can trust him or not
Thank you
Paolo
paolopira
NewBorn

Re: help needed for a car. is this scam??

Postby lightfair » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:43 pm

The "beauty" of those scams is that they use the same phrases over and over and over and over...

Please do a google search for

"If, by any reason, you will not be satisfied with it ( even though I can assure you that it is exactly as described), you can return it at my expense for a full refund of your money, no questions asked"

(including the quotes) and make sure that all results are displayed.

So this is a pretty clear case: scam.
lightfair
Master

Return to Escrow Fraud