Is this a scam? FEXCO.

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Is this a scam? FEXCO.

Postby sunnygrg » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:49 am

I need some help in recognizing if this email that I got is fraudulent. I was actually looking for some used cars online and happened to stumble upon a 2004 Honda Accord on my local state website al.com. It had no VIN number at that moment. The seller insists that he is in Scotland and the car is currently in the United States, which is the reason he is trying to sell it below the usual market price (High cost to bring the car to Scotland made him sell it) . $6900 do appear to be tempting for a car that might go for about $10000. However, he claims that the car is in FEXCO's possession, and he is willing to deal through FEXCO. But the person he is trying to make me send money through appears to be more of an INDIVIDUAL than a COMPANY. So, what do you think? Is this a scam? For privacy reason, I have replaced my name and contact informations with XX. I have also attached the email that the seller sent me prior to opening a case at FEXCO or so he/she claims. Thanks in advance.

Sunny G.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the email that he sent me after I first contacted him/her:

Hi,
Thank you for your inquiry regarding my car. If you are interested in it you should know that it has never been wrecked or damaged, the car is in excelent condition. All the manuals, clear title and the original documentation come along with it. The total price I'm asking including shipping and insurance fees will be $6,900.00 USD. Here are the most important details: US car (US model, US specs )- odometer in Miles, speedometer in Miles per Hour (MPH). This car meets all Environmental Regulations in the USA (DOT, EPA ), it can be registered anytime under your name without any problem. I will send you the Clear Title already signed off and also the Bill of Sale along with the car so you can be the its legitimate owner. The vehicle is absolutely perfect, it has a clean title, has never been repaired, never been involved in any type of accident or had any paint or body work done! The vehicle is located right now in United States, in FEXCO's possession. I live in Aberdeen now, beautiful Scotland, with my work and all. UK specs are different from American ones and it costs me too much driving this car legally here that's why I am selling it below market value hoping to find a buyer. Because it is a large transaction we will complete the deal only through FEXCO who offers a third party service. If you are still interested just send me your name and your residence address and I will open a case at FEXCO and they will contact you with all the information about our deal. They will take care of the shipping/payment. Just let me know and I'll get back to you with further details about this posible transaction.

Thanks,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is the email I received after the seller opened a case at the FEXCO financial transaction which also happens to mention Escrow:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: XX
Subject: FEXCO Financial Department Transaction #F3422243 Started!
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:52:01 -0600

Home Partners

Escrow Service

Escrow Transaction #F3422243- Pending

Pending Delivery Shipment

(Keep this for your records)

Transaction #F3422243
Transaction Date: January 28, 2008

Buyer's Details:

First Name: XX
Last Name: XX
Address: XX
City: XX
State: AL
Zip code: XX

Seller's Details:

First Name: Caroline M.
Last Name: Stevens
Address: 34 St. Andrew St.
City: Aberdeen
Zip Code: AB25 1JA

Shipment Information:

Service: FEXCO - Online
Handled by: FEXCO - United States

Guaranteed delivery: 3 days after payment confirmation
Declared Value: USD 6,900.00

Commercial Value: No Commercial Value
Days for Inspection: 10 days upon the delivery

Description of Goods: 2004 Honda Accord EX
VIN: 1HGCM66594A019431

Additional Services: None
Status of Inspection: Pending

Shipping: USD 0.00

*Note: Shipping expenses are covered by Seller.

Shipment Information:

Package 1 of 1

Tracking Number: Pending*
Package Type: FEXCO Insured

Insured FEXCO Deposit:USD 2,070.00 (30%)
Insured FEXCO Amount:USD 6,900.00
Insured FEXCO Remaining Balance:USD 4,830.00 (70%)

The escrow process for the completion of a transaction (purchase or sale) through Internet can be done in five simple steps:

1. The buyer and the seller agree to the terms and details of the transaction.
2. The buyer sends the safe deposit to FEXCO verified representative. Payment is verified and deposited into a trust account.
3. FEXCO ships the merchandise to the buyer, knowing that the buyer's payment is secured.
4. The buyer accepts the merchandise after having the opportunity to inspect it.
5. FEXCO pays the seller after all conditions of the transaction are met.

How to make the payment? Through our legal partner:

1) Click HERE to locate the nearest Western Union Office.
2) Make the payment for the deposit with cash using our verified FEXCO Representative details as receiver:

FEXCO Verified Representative Details:

Name: Tina S. Brown
Street: 55 Blackfriars Road
City: Manchester
Zip Code: M3 7DB

3) Fax the Western Union receipt at the following fax # : +1 (425) 871-1013

Or e-mail us - by replying to this e-mail - the following details from the payment receipt:

- MTCN- 10 digits number from the receipt
- Sender Name and Address
- Receiver Name (FEXCO Representative)
- Amount Sent

As the Seller agreed, the Western Union transfer fees will be deducted from the total price of the car. To avoid fees from Western Union you will have to declare to the Western Union agent that the money will be sent for a relative or friend (the transfer commission will be smaller 3~5%). For online payments, you could pay 10~12% transfer commission.

Sales Hotline

Please do not make any marks on the transfer copy. The following information must be readable
Once the payment is done and the verification is complete, we will proceed with the shipping of the package. We will inform the Seller that the payment was sent and that the package was shipped as soon as we get the payment confirmation. Just follow the instructions above.

4 - Step Trust Process for FEXCO.

1. Buyer send payments to us.
The Buyer submits the required deposit selecting Western Union service to FEXCO verified representative in charge.
FEXCO verifies the payment. The Seller does not get paid until the buyer accepts the merchandise or the inspection period expires.
2.Delivery is started.
The company will ship the merchandise, you will receive the Bill of Sale and Bill of Lading, Title along with the merchandise.

3. The Inspections of the merchandise.
The Buyer has a set number of days (10 days) to inspect the merchandise, to accept it, reject it or claim non-delivery. In case that the merchendise is not as described by the seller, the buyer will get a full refund. Funds will not be released to the Seller until the buyer has received and approved the items he is purchasing. This eliminates the concern for non-shipment of goods.

4. Seller is paid transaction ends.

The Path of a FEXCO Transaction

1. Either buyer or seller enters the transaction into the FEXCO system. It is addressed to the other party.

2. Buyer and seller negotiate until both agree to the terms and conditions.

3. Buyer deposits the necessary funds in FEXCO Representative Account and commits the amount necessary for the transaction.

4. Seller sees the funds reserved for him. Seller knows the payment is secure. Seller sends the item or provides the service described in the transaction.

5. Buyer receives the item or service. Buyer releases the control of the funds to the seller.

6. Seller receives his funds from FEXCO Representative by Western Union.

BOTH buyer and seller have been fully protected. Buyer did not release the funds until he received the item. Seller knew the funds were secure, before sending the item; there could be no payment fraud or chargeback. If a disagreement arises, the FEXCO system includes complete dispute resolution service.

All rights reserved by FEXCO. Copyright © 2008
sunnygrg
NewBorn

Postby JaxHot » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:51 pm

Its a S C A M
whats the email address of the scammer selling the car?

As soon as someone mentions the word Western Union, its a scam.
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Eniac » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:26 am

Eniac
Senior

Return to Escrow Fraud