HELP - JUST GOT SCAMMED WWW.ESCROW-HOLDINGS.NET **BEWARE

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Re: HELP - JUST GOT SCAMMED WWW.ESCROW-HOLDINGS.NET **BEWARE

Postby gotscrewed » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:29 am

Please please please send me a request through this site for an up to date list of his aliases, emails, mailing addresses, email accounts and so on BEFORE YOU GO FURTHER WITH YOUR TRANSACTION. Or to be on the safe side for now avoid anything from Escrow Holdings.net AND .me or .mac email accounts. I will send you the updated list as soon as I can so be patient, we will save you a lot of grief.
gotscrewed
Infant

Postby maddlion21 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Scammers name : Paul Hanke
Avenida De Espana
Edificio Zamora 10E
ESTEPONA
29680 SPAIN
GAVE A PH # MISSING A DIGIT 662919060
Requested goods sent Fed Ex as GIFT so Fed Ex insurance will not have to get involved.Claimed that Escrow already insured the goods.

Got me good as I was desperate for income .I borrowed the money to buy the goods he wanted and ship it thinking the Escrow site was legit until my girlfriend who works in banking started asking me a bunch of questions.When she asked me for the phone # for the Escrow Site and I coulnd't find one then I got suspicious .
maddlion21
NewBorn

Postby gotscrewed » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:30 pm

maddlion21 wrote:Scammers name : Paul Hanke
Avenida De Espana
Edificio Zamora 10E
ESTEPONA
29680 SPAIN
GAVE A PH # MISSING A DIGIT 662919060
Requested goods sent Fed Ex as GIFT so Fed Ex insurance will not have to get involved.Claimed that Escrow already insured the goods.

Got me good as I was desperate for income .I borrowed the money to buy the goods he wanted and ship it thinking the Escrow site was legit until my girlfriend who works in banking started asking me a bunch of questions.When she asked me for the phone # for the Escrow Site and I coulnd't find one then I got suspicious .

Wow, I can't believe he uses the same name and mailing address..... Did you happen to get any email addresses?

Thanks for posting!
gotscrewed
Infant

Postby Crow1962 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:49 pm

Hi there,
BE AWARE !!! EBAY BUYER SHOWED UP. Please note the following information on this looser.

EBay ID# jrlobster at this time he has no feedback, you'll see a (0) next to his id.

Email: Jeff.rabben@me.com

I don't think his real name is Jeff Raben, and with that name, what is he doing up in Spain???

I have a gold & diamonds Festina watch on sale for $3,000 in Ebay, and guess what???
He suggested I used escrow-holdings.net as the Third party for this transaction, and he wants the watch to be shipped via Fedex Express 2 day service. What a coincidence !!!
I asked this guy for his address, and I got no answer, all he said is that he was going to pay for the shipping, OF COURSE, he pays $150.00 for the FEDEX service, and in return, he STEALS a watch worth $$$$$. NICE MOVE CHARLEY !!!

Luckily, I came upon this Forum as I was checking out this Escrow Web reputation. If it wasn't for this Forum I would have fallen for this SCAM as well. Thanks a lot Escrow-Fraud.Com for your excellent service.

GUYS, TAKE NOTICE ON THIS ONE !!!
Crow1962
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:44 pm

Crow1962 wrote:Hi there,
BE AWARE !!! EBAY BUYER SHOWED UP. Please note the following information on this looser.

EBay ID# jrlobster at this time he has no feedback, you'll see a (0) next to his id.

Email: Jeff.rabben@me.com

Hello;

I need the real ebay ID of the "buyer". jrlobster has a feedback of 36 and I don't see any recent transactions for him.
lightfair
Master

Postby Crow1962 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:17 am

Hi there,
There is no other EBay ID other than jrlobster2. It does not have any feedback since he just became a member in EBay on February 02, 2009 in order to SCAM me, but I did my homework and stepped ahead of the game.
regards
Crow1962
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:27 am

Hello;

thank you for your reply. I needed the correct ebay ID to report this guy to my ebay contacts. "jrlobster2" is indeed recently registered and without feedback - but of course this is a very different account than "jrlobster" (who has probably nothing to do with this at all). So let's see if ebay kicks this account quickly.

Well done, and I'm glad you didn't fall for this.
lightfair
Master

Postby funkysocks » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:11 pm

He just tried to scam me. $5,000 diamond ring that I was selling on ebay for $3,000. Told me to Fed Ex 2-day air him the package to Spain and use the http://www.escrow-holdings.net site to start transaction with two day inspection period. His username is scuba4funjeff70, name is Jeff Raben. He opened this username on ebay on 2/4 and contacted me through ebay without bidding on my item first. Said that we have to do the transaction fast because he wants to send it to someone as a gift. This was his last contact with me: "HI , I'm very glad that the item is still available!I decided to buy your item so please tell if it`snecesarry to bid on it.Like I told you in my first email I want you to ship itvia FedEx International Priority because it will be a gift and Ineed it fast. This service will cost me $150.Because I want the deal to be safe for both of uswe will close this deal using http://www.escrow-holdings.netA very trustable and professional escrow service.This service will protect both of us.Please go tohttp://www.escrow-holdings.net and open a new account with them.Then INITIATE the transaction and please include the ebayitem# on the description.I'm already a member and I'm waiting for you to startthe transaction. For inspection period I think 2 days(from the day I receive the package) it`s enough.When you start it please put shipping insurance on the step 2because I want them to insure the package too, I`ll pay.After you will start the transaction you will see thatI'm a serious person and I have closed 4 positivetransactions through them. Best RegardsJeff Rabben"

I googled escrow-holdings and found this site. Thank you for the heads up. Sorry that he got to so many others but I appreciate you posting your information as a warning for me.
funkysocks
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:43 pm

Hello funkysocks;

we're glad you didn't fall for this scam. Meanwhile, http://www.escrow-holdings.net/ is dead (it took quite some time to get it killed...). So if you want to do us and possible future victims a favour please write back and ask the guy (innocently!) why the site doesn't load (of course hoping that he will provide you with the successor to http://www.escrow-holdings.net which we could also kill then). As I said, this would help us and others.

Best regards,

lightfair
lightfair
Master

Postby au55i3 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:42 am

This guy tried to scam me on ebay too. First he tried buying a 2000 diamond ring that i was selling without even trying to make a best offer. He just bought the buy it now item and asked me to send it to Nigeria. He added 180$ to shipping and supposedly paid it (tried to send me fake ebay emails with lots of typos saying that the payment has been paid and that only once i send the item i will recieve the payment). I didn't fall for this and didnt send the item as i looked up scams to nigeria and apparantly they always say they want it sent express via fedex for a friends gift (exactly what he had said). The account was under
joy_knight02214323
joy_knight022@yahoo.com
Joy Knight

This person had no feedback and had made the account the day before he tried to buy my item. The day after he was no longer registered. I had to claim back the selling fee that ebay charged me which was easy cuz the item was unpaid and the registered was no longer registered

The second time they tried to scam me (possibly unrelated but who knows with these people) was a couple days later where a new ebay account had been established the day before under the user ID
luv2dancerab
jeff.rabben@me.com
Jeff Rabben

He tried to buy another 2500$ diamond ring from me on ebay but this time requested an escrow service to ship it to spain express for a friends gift. I kindly told him 'thank you but as stated on the item description, we dont ship to spain'. He then told me that he bought my item and to use this site "escrow-holdings.net". he told me to set up an account with them. i looked up the site on google and came across this escrow fraud site. i then sent him a rude email stating that he is clearly scamming and that i do not use any sites that arent approved by ebay. Also, he completely disregarded my previous email stating that i do not ship to spain. A real bidder/buyer would not act in such a way. This happened just a few days ago. Since then this member too has deregistered from ebay.

In summary, beware of these scammers. They get away with way too much. Do not send anything before recieving payment. If an escrow service must be used, ensure it is approved by ebay (ie. escrow.com)
Good luck
au55i3
NewBorn

PreviousNext

Return to Escrow Fraud