Ireland & UK Auto Payments Fraud- I'm victim as well..

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Re: Ireland & UK Auto Payments Fraud- I'm victim as well..

Postby photocurator » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:50 pm

My apologies for a series of posts. I've had to send my messages in several posts and edit the emails, as the original didn't send.
I've sent the mimic email from Manser to the genuine carsales team. I agree he's not in Australia, as we never use the American term zipcode.
Photocurator
photocurator
Infant

Postby justhere » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:26 am

I also just got this one.

Hi mate,
I've spoke to my superiors and I can take a 3-4 days permission to bring the car but I don't want to take this permission and ... maybe come for nothing, I mean that there is a risk of coming to you and...you simply don't show up and I don't want to be embarrassed because there will not be a second chance for me to take a second permission since I have trainings every day and the departure is knocking at the door. One of my mates advised me to use a third party escrow company for this sale because of the distance and also because of the risks involved.
He used the following escrow company: www.australiapay.com for a car purchase on carsales website and he was very pleased. All you have to do is to register at their website and then I need your user name so I can set up the transaction. You can read how escrow works here: www.australiapay.com/howitworks.php. I can give you one day to test the car at any inspection service you wish and only if you decide to keep it, they will release the money to me so, I believe this is the safest way. Let me know your decision because there is another person who wants to buy it and I need to know which way to go. I'll bring the car with the log book and we can sign the papers right away.

--
Benjamin Manser - Air Corps Pilot
Army email: benjamin.manser@royalairforces.com
Personal email: benjmanser@gmail.com
Royal Australian Air Force
Aircraft Type: F/A-18 Hornet Fighter
justhere
NewBorn

Postby photocurator » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:45 pm

He doesn't give up....This arrived Friday night 10.30 pm. I checked carsales.com.au site to make sure car wasn't still being advertised. I'm pleased to say it wasn't. This minor detail doesn't seem to have fazed him.

Are you still interested in buying my 2007 Toyota corolla?
I'm willing to let it go for $10000. If you haven't bought a car by now let me know

Cheers,
--
Benjamin Manser - Air Corps Pilot
Army email: benjamin.manser@royalairforces.com
Personal email: benjmanser@gmail.com
Royal Australian Air Force
Aircraft Type: F/A-18 Hornet Fighter

Photocurator
photocurator
Infant

Postby andjela » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:00 pm

There is another one claiming to be in Australian army

I wonder if this is the same person as story is similar

his name is SEBASTIAN WARD
---------------------------------------------
Hi

I dont have much experience with selling cars and I would feel more comfortable doing this transaction through eBay. They are offering assistance and protection both for seller and buyer.

Here is a link to ebay buyer protection. Please read about it.

I'm serving in the Australian Army and I've been transferred to a military base in Tasmania. I am doing pre Afghanistan Deployment Training, before leaving for Afghanistan for a 12 month mission. In fact this is the main reason for selling the car. It would be a pity to keep the car in the garage for so long... The car is also here, in a local warehouse, ready to be delivered to the next owner by the shipping company.

If you agree to proceed with the transaction I will list the car on ebay again, with the buy now option. Of course we will agree upon the price and other details before that. After you will use the buy now option, the car will be delivered to you by the shipping company and you will have 5 days inspection period, while you'll be able to see and inspect the car before buying it. If you won't like the car after you will receive it or if you will decide that it is not like described, you can reject the deal (but I'm sure you will love it).

Let me know if there is anything else you want to know about the car and if you are ready to proceed with the transaction.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Hi there,

Maximum 3 days from the moment the car will leave the warehouse. I have been told that it usually takes only 2 days but we will have to be prepared for delays...

If you want to buy the car I will set an ebay auction with the buy now option which you can use. You will then receive the invoice from ebay and the payment instructions. Once I will receive the confirmation from them that you have made the payment I will arrange the shipping of the car to your place. I will cover the shipping fee. After receiving the car you will have 5 days to inspect and test it and only after that you will take the final decision. If you will decide not to proceed with buying the car you will be fully refunded by ebay.

Please take a decision asap because I have another person who wants to start the transaction tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers,
Sebastian
andjela
NewBorn

Previous

Return to Escrow Fraud