apartment scam?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

apartment scam?

Postby itzi » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:31 am

Hi everyone,

sad to say my girlfriend and me might have been victims of one of these scams, we were looking for an apartment and found some nice ones a danish site called "DBA.dk" (which is legit enough ;P)

well one replied, said she was renting it out because she had moved back to england etc etc. after some questions back and forward, she said she was gonna set up a moneybookers transaction and when we had transferred the security deposit, the keys would be sent to us via moneybookers courier.

so (sadly) we transferred the money a few days ago (3200 DKK), and then got another mail that said the courier needed a transport insurance fee, which was (2500 DKK)... which i thought sounded kinda weird...

and since my girlfriend had handled all the e-mailing from her account, i only got the copy pasted versions of the e-mails... now today i had the chance to check it out and the moneybookers transaction e-mail were sent from " customer-support@moneybokers.info "...

now i gotta ask just to be sure... we have definately been scammed right?

possible scammers e-mail: ana.weider@hotmail.dk
moneybookers e-mail: customer-support@moneybokers.info
"VERIFIED" moneybookers agent:
Name: Martin Warren
Street: 35 Uting Avenue
City: Liverpool
Zip Code: L47UN

so yeah... just wanted clear confirmation that we've been scammed :(
Last edited by itzi on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
itzi
NewBorn

Re: apartment scam?

Postby no_muie » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:50 am

Yes you have been scammed.
no_muie
Infant

Postby itzi » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:52 am

no_muie wrote:Yes you have been scammed.

yeah i thought so... just wanted clear confirmation...

oh well.. nothing to do i guess... just glad my girlfriend didn't transfer the additional money before i had a chance to check it out..
itzi
NewBorn

Postby no_muie » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:38 pm

Were the funds transfered with Western Union or MoneyGram?
no_muie
Infant

Postby itzi » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:00 pm

no_muie wrote:Were the funds transfered with Western Union or MoneyGram?

Western Union...
itzi
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:31 pm

You need to file a report with the police on this.

It might not even result in anything in the end; but at this point it is very important that law enforcement becomes aware of the whole issue. Otherwise things will never change.
Occasionally the scammers do get caught even if this takes years.
lightfair
Master

Postby SkepZer » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:25 am

You are been scam. I know also a person that have the same experience like you as well. He is my friend and I feel bad about him. We are still seeking the person who scam him but he is really good at hiding.
SkepZer
NewBorn

Postby deenie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:05 pm

Hi everyone!!!
It seems this scam is popping up everywhere. My husband and I just moved to Vancouver, BC and are looking for a place when we came across this add on kijjiji. I sent an email asking general questions (how many bedrooms, if pets were allowed) and the following are the two emails he sent me. He is using the name Victor Loonds and his email is victor.loonds@live.com. he didn't seem at all interested in finding out any info. about my husband and I, and only seemed concerned about getting the place off his hands. We never got past the point of emailing after talking to my mom, and her telling me of this very same thing happening back in Regina, SK. I hope this helps other before they get themselves stuck in a bad situation. Always remember, if something seems to good to be true, it probably is. He makes this seems so easy and it seemed like exactly what we wanted. Please don't be fooled!!! Thanks all!!!

BEAUTIFUL APT NEAR SFU, SKYTRAIN STATION etc

View larger image
Date Listed 21-Jun-10
Price $777.00
Address 9233 Government St, Burnaby, BC V3N, Canada
View map
Bathrooms (#) 2 bathrooms

Stove, dishwasher, washer, dryer, refrigerator, natural gas oven, electric fireplace. 5 minute walk to the Lougheed Mall

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. The Apartment located in 9233 Government St, Burnaby, BC is still available. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I am looking for someone to live in it, as soon as possible, because my company has won the auction for a project, in construction, for a building that will rise up in London, United Kingdom. I am a civil engineer, so my accommodation period in England will be about 4 years. The renting period is from 1 month up to 4-6 years. As a result of this I want to rent, for this period, at this price and also to find the perfect person for my apartment. I`m the owner of the apt and it's like in the pics.The apartment is unfurnished but if you want you can use my furniture from the storage unit. The rent for 1 month is 750CAD$ (for the whole apartment) including all utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we will find a compromise.
Any further questions please contact me back by e-mail.

Hello ,

Thank you for your reply. Like I have informed you before, the price you have to pay for one month of rent will be 750CAD$ with no extra fees you will have access to all facilities provide by the building. The utility bills are paid directly from my bank account. The price will not increase monthly, it will remain the same for the whole period that the contact will be signed for. We can start with a basic 1 year contract with the possibility of renewing it or with the period of time suitable for you.About the payment, I would like to receive it monthly into my bank account and I hope there will be no problem for you to wire the money to it. The apartment is ready for you, you only need to receive the keys and the contract so you could check it out, and see if you like it. The apt will be unfurnished but it can be rented very easily with the furniture at the same price. Also pets are allowed. Since I'm in London, United Kingdom we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are asking for. I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days. The solution is provided by a company called Freight-Transport which will handle the payment and delivery of the Keys. I have found a procedure that will allows you to pay for the rent of the apt only after you will receive the keys, and through this way you will see it and decide if you like it or not, before sending the payment. Please click on the link bellow to the Freight-Transport web site to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the web site of the company where this procedure is explained in the SAFE EXCHANGE SERVICE: www.uk-freight-transport.com ( if the link is not working please try and copy it in your web browser)
deenie
NewBorn

Postby Diamonddrawls » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:19 am

Man I'm so *spamming* pissed I just sent through this everythin is the same I lost out on 500$. People are so disrespectful. That was a place for me and my daughter and now we have nothing sons of bitches and cops won't even do a dam thing :(
Diamonddrawls
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud