Trying to buy a car in the UK is this Fraud ??

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Trying to buy a car in the UK is this Fraud ??

Postby Wendy100 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:36 pm

I recently ran across an add through Recycler.com stating that the owner had a 2001 Toyota Celica in excellent condition with low miles. Due to his job he had to move out of state and take the car with him to UK . Once he arrived he had trouble getting the car inspected through their standards. Now he is trying to sell the car back in the United States through the same carrier he used before http://www.unsped.eu/ . Somethings are not making sense and his drivers license looks a little strange. I have ask him a ton of questions and he provides some information but not a copy of the title front and back because he says it is stored in the warhouse at Unsped. Here is some of my emails along with one Unsped sent me.

Seller 1st email
Hello,
First of all I want you to know that the car is still for sale, fully operational, no scratches or other damages and never involved in any accidents, the engine runs great.I must tell you that I had to move to London/UK one month ago with my work and I took the car with me hoping to drive it here as well. I work in Public relations department at a hotel here and because of this job I change my home quite often. Here I had an unpleasant surprise because the car is an US model and to pay the registration here in Europe, to pass all the emissions and standards ,the euro4 thing, and many other would be quite expensive and nobody would do it. I have tried to sell it locally but it was not successfully.That is why I am trying to sell the car back in US, there will be no further problems because the car passes US emissions standards and DOT & EPA as long as it has been purchased in US space.The shipping and handling are included in the price and it takes 7-8 days.

If you are interested please reply asap.
Thank you for your time.

Seller 2nd email
Hello,
I understand your afraid and for this reason I will send you a copy of my driver license.
About the car don't worry because has an automatic transmission and about the deal,as I said after the shipping process will be started you will have 24 hours to make the first payment of 50% from the total amount to the shipping Company and when you will receive the car after the inspection days you will have to send me the rest of the amount.
If you have other questions please let me know
Thanks

Seller 3rd email

Hello,
I am really sorry but right now I saw your email and it's to late to send you a copy of the title because because all the papers are sealed and the car also is in the shipping Company custody for a few days.I don't have very much time for this transaction because of my job and I bring the car to the shipping company a few days ago to be ready for a potential buyer.I am really sorry again for this.All that I must say it's that I assure you that will not be any problem for you to register the car under your name and transfer the title.The car is still registered in US and everything it's ok with the papers.
So,please let me know if we still may have a deal.
Thanks

Seller 4th Email

Hello,
I am really sorry for this delay but I was out of the town with my work.For the shipping i prefer to use same carrier because I am pleased with their services, I have used them to bring the car to UK , and it has arrived with no scratch because it was professionally crated. The car will land on the closest airport to your address and then on trailer to your home and I will provide you the tracking number so you will inspect the shipment route online on their web site,being insured that the car is coming to you. The estimated time of delivery is 8 days. I'm willing to cover the shipping fees due to my location, and you will not pay extra for it. Here you have their web site so you can take a look: http://www.unsped-group.com .
I'll wait your email as soon as possible.
Thanks

Seller 5th Email

Hello,
I am sure that they will gladly answer to you questions.They contact me from this email address: support@unsped-group.com so ,you if you will not receive any answer in the next 12 hours please send them at this address your email and more than sure will answer you.
I asked also for the phone number and they told me that for a few days their phone line will be down because they change their old phone line with one TOLL FREE for their customers.Until the new line will be ready they said that they will gladly answer to your emails.
I'll wait your email after you will talk with them.
Thank's

Seller 6th Email
Hy Wendy,
I contacted them also again today and they said that they received your email and they will answer you as soon as they can.
Please let me know when you will talk with them because I a little in hurry with this selling.I found another car here and I want to buy it.
Thanks

Unsped Group Email

We apologize for the late answer but we have some problems with the internet connection and we work also to our phone line because we want to change the old line with one TOLL FREE for our customers and this will take a few days.
We checked our data base and ,yes, we can confirm you that Mr.Brainard Passley used our services to bring his vehicle from United States in London,United Kingdom.For a few days Mr.Brainard Passley bring his vehicle back to our office hoping that he will arrange to sell the car back in United States using again our services.
About the transaction,as soon as we will receive from the seller your full details for the delivery ( full name and address) in a few hours we will make all the paper works,we will make the inspection of the vehicle and then if everything it's okay we will start the shipping process back to USA directly to your home address.The type of the shipping is Door Arrival.After the shipping process will be started the seller will receive a Tracking Number for the shipment and Mr.Passley and you can watch the shipment route online on our official web site.We will contact you also with a shipping confirmation and a payment request.Mr. Passley want to use our escrow service for this transaction ,so,after the shipping process will be started and you will verify the Tracking Number you will have 24h to make a deposit of 50% from the total amount.An agent from our Company will handle your transaction and the payment.If the amount that you have to send is under $9.999,00 we will use the Western Union services because we have a collaboration with them.Our agent that will handle your transaction will get the sent amount and bring it in our cashier account.The money will stay in our custody until the car will arrive and until you will be 100% satisfied with the vehicle.Only after this we will release the money to the seller.

If you have other questions please fell free and send us and email and we will gladly answer.

Thank you,
Unsped Group Ltd. Customer Service

--- On Fri, 4/30/10, (removed) wrote:

Subject: Question on Shipping to United States
To: support@unsped-group.com
Date: Friday, April 30, 2010, 12:51 AM

I have been trying to reach someone at your company about a car being shipped from London to me here in the United States. A previous customer of yours Brainard Passley used your services to get his car from the US to his current residence in the UK. Now he is trying to sell the car back in the US because it is to expensive for him with passing all the emissions and standards. I need to know if in fact you have the car in your possession as he stated in a previous email and how does the process really work with getting the car over to me. Is there a number I can call to speak to someone.

Thanks
Wendy

So I have been trying to reach someone by phone but right now the phones are down and they have had problems with the website I am so worried this is a scam can someone please help me !!!!
Wendy100
NewBorn

Re: Trying to buy a car in the UK is this Fraud ??

Postby lightfair » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:00 pm

Yes, it's a scam. The "Western Union" thing is a dead giveaway.

I hope you didn't pay any money yet?

unsped-group.com has been in our database since yesterday. With a bit of luck it get killed over the weekend. The whole design is very well known to us:

http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... &layout=33

(In case you're wondering: I've edited your previous post to remove your own email address from it so it doesn't get harvested by spammers.)
lightfair
Master

Re: Trying to buy a car in the UK is this Fraud ??

Postby Wendy100 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:04 pm

Thank you so much for your help and removing my email !! I am going to send him an email right away and tell him I am not interested. I havnt sent any money yet I still was trying to verify his drivers license.

Thank You again !!!
Wendy100
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud