first time car buyer, escrow company fraud took 3,500 off me

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

first time car buyer, escrow company fraud took 3,500 off me

Postby worried » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:47 pm

i contacted a guy about a car on donedeal.ie, as i am very nieve and buying my first car i saw an opel astra for 3,500euro and fell for it straight away. It was a 05 and very under priced so i asked alot of questions but when he said he was just moved to England and wanted a quick sale i fell for it. he offered to use escrow company and as i had never heard of this service before i didnt even think it could be a fraud as he told me donedeal recommended this escrow company and gave me a link of the donedeal page. emails shown below. Only properly realised i was being conned on friday, a week after i putting funds into fake account. where do i go from here??? please help!!!

EMAIL NO.1
Hi,
I've been searching for the best solution for this transaction and my room mate advised me to use an escrow company for this sale because of the distance. I have classes almost every day and since I said that I can bring the car personally I don't want to take a day off and maybe come for nothing. He also used the following escrow company: www.irishcartrade.com for a car purchase on autotrader and he was very pleased. I've read their terms and they can also take care of the necessary paperwork in order to register the car in your name in case you decide to keep it. All you have to do is to register at their website and then I need your user name so I can set up the transaction. You can read their terms here: www.irishcartrade.com/howitworks.php. I give you seven days to test the car and only if you decide to keep it, they will release the money to me so, I believe this is the safest way. Let me know your decision because there is another person who wants to buy it and I need to know which way to go. The car will come with the service book, manuals and two remote controls for the alarm. One more thing I saw that they accept paypal and bank transfer as payment method which I believe is 100% secure.
Let me know your decision as soon as possible.

EMAIL NO.2
Let me know if you still want to buy my car because I saw that donedeal also recommends this escrow company for a transaction like this. You can read some tips here at this link where I also saw the donedeal's recommendations: http://donedeal.ie/buy-safely
I believe this is the safest way since we are so far from each other.
Let me know what you think

the links are not showing up on this as i just copy and paste from my email but when i google these i realised they cannont be found through google, just through the links he emailed me!!
worried
NewBorn

Re: first time car buyer, escrow company fraud took 3,500 off me

Postby lightfair » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:07 pm

worried wrote:i contacted a guy about a car on donedeal.ie, as i am very nieve and buying my first car i saw an opel astra for 3,500euro and fell for it straight away. It was a 05 and very under priced so i asked alot of questions but when he said he was just moved to England and wanted a quick sale i fell for it. he offered to use escrow company and as i had never heard of this service before i didnt even think it could be a fraud as he told me donedeal recommended this escrow company and gave me a link of the donedeal page. emails shown below. Only properly realised i was being conned on friday, a week after i putting funds into fake account. where do i go from here??? please help!!!

First: Yes, it's a scam. The site layout is very well known to us:

http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... layout=171

Second: First thing tomorrow morning is going to the police and filing a report. Print out everything you have - all emails, screenshots of the fake site and so on. I assume you paid by bank transfer? You need to contact your own bank and tell them the whole situation (it helps if you have a copy of the report you files with the police). They possibly might contact the receiving bank so that the account gets "flagged" (but they don't necessarily will do this; it all depends a bit how the bank operates).

Third: Please post all the details here, especially the email address used by the scammer and the bank account details.

I'll add the fake site to our database.
lightfair
Master

Postby JaxHot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:51 am

Its a shame you wasted several days after joining here to bother to ask about the site.
I'm sure your money is well on its way to Romania.
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby reg1986 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:57 pm

i will update this msg tomorrow
reg1986
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud