Is this a fraud?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Re: Is this a fraud?

Postby batmanmiro » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:23 am

I had a simillar thing I will copy paste the message:

Dr.Shaw Peter Eric shawuf8dr@gmx.com

Hello,

The car is in perfect condition inside and outside as well. Never involved in any accidents, no scratches and keep garage.
I bought the car from Croatia because I worked there until 2 weeks ago in a hospital and I had to get back home in England,London .
It is very difficult for me to drive the car with the steering wheel to the left in the United Kingdom, so I'm forced to sell it.
The car is registered in Croatia, has all the papers written in croatian.
If you don`t have the possibility to pick up it then I will be glad to arrange a shipping and I will support all shipping cost.
I can arrange the delivery to your country and you will have 5 days to inspect it before I will receive the payment and in this way both of us will have the assurance that we need.
Feel free to email me if you have any questions at all.

And when I answered to him that I am interested he wrote:

Hello again,
The total price of the car is 4200 euro.
Here is how I want to go about delivery and payment for the car which will be through a shipping company and will also give you the chance to inspect the car before I receive the payment for it.
I will explain to you step by step how this will work :
A. First you have to send me your shipping information (your name and address).
1. After I receive your shipping info, I will go to shipping company Location and leave the car onto your name and with your shipping address as the intended receiver.
2. The shipping company service will check the car also the legal papers to see that everything is OK with it.
B. You will receive a notification from shipping company service as a confirmation that the car is in their custody and also, that the car has been tested.
1. After that, you will have to send the total amount to shipping company service.
2. The shipping company service will verify the Transfer, and if everything is in order, they will deliver the car to your door step.
3. After you will receive the car and you will be completely satisfied with it, you will instruct the shipping company service with your decision.
C. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the product, you will return the car to the shipping company service with no expense.
I will support all the taxes and feeds, you will have a 10 days period to inspect the car and if you are not satisfied in it you will be fully refunded within 24 hours. Any damaged or returned unit will be either replaced or refunded.
If you agree with my idea please provide me your full name and address for shipping, so I can initiate the transaction through the shipping company service.
After that they will contact you with transaction details, invoice, payment instructions and more information about the shipping company service protection.
I sent you a copy of my passport.
Please reply as soon as possible because I have lots of interested customers.
Best regards!
batmanmiro
NewBorn

Previous

Return to Escrow Fraud