opel zafira / fraud?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

opel zafira / fraud?

Postby twijfelaars » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi,

We live in Belgium and are looking for a secondhand car. On the internet, we found a very nice opel zafira with many options.
We contacted the guy by e-mail and this is the answer we got back (looks a lot like the fraud e-mails I've allready seen here) :

Hello,

I hope you understand english because I don't write in your language so well even if I lived in Belgium for a year.I bought the car in Belgium from a local auction but now i came back home in UK,London and i bring the car with me.Now nobody wants to buy it here in UK because it's european and the steering wheel is on the left side.The car is in excellent condition, belgium papers,never in any accidents,the engine works perfectly,it has the technical book and all papers,real km.The car is already to the shipping company custody but i can send it to your home address in 3-5 working days on my expense. All the transaction will be done through the shipping company which is very secure and work like an escrow service,in this way both of us we will be safe.If you are interested please let me know and i will tell you how this transaction will be done.

Thank you,
Tery

Then, we said we couldn't buy a car wich we haven't seen in real life. although, we were still interested and asked him if there was an option to see the car.
This was his answer :

Hello,

As I told you, the car is in UK ,London now.I worked in Belgium from where i bought the car but now i just came back home(in UK )and i bring the car with me. It still has Belgium plates and Belgium papers so you won't have any problems registering it on your name.
Since the car is already deposited at the delivery company, they will handle the entire transaction. It is very simple, I used them before and I am 100% satisfied with their services because they protect both of us (buyer and seller). As I said, I will pay the delivery taxes .
Let me explain you how it works:
First I will need your full name and address where you want the car delivered, along with a phone number. After I have this information I will forward it to the delivery company and I will initiate the transaction. They will contact you with the invoice and payment instructions.
Then you will have to send the payment to one of their agents. AFTER they receive your payment confirmation they will start the delivery. You will have a 10 days inspection period to test the car and to decide if you want to keep it or not. ONLY if you decide to keep it and after you register it on your name the delivery company will give me the money. If you decide not to keep it they will give your money back the same day.
If you agree with the price and terms please email me your full details so I can start the transaction.

Thank you,
Tery

We were a bit sceptical and asked him if he could send us a copy of the papers buy e-mail and also to give us the name of the shipping company. This was his following answer :

Hello,

The car and all the papers are already at the shipping company. You will receive all the documents along with the car and you will have 10 days to inspect them. I will ship the car with Transcar-Globetrotter because they offer me the best price for delivery. I worked with this company in the past and I have friends that still do and we never had a problem with this company. Now I will try to explain you again more simple.Here is how we will do it:
- you will give me your full shipping name and address;
-I will contact the shipping company and i will give them the details to start the shipping process;
-they will contact you with the details about the shipping;
- after the shipping begins, you will have to pay to the shipping company, to the agent in charge with our deal;
- the company will validate the payment and they will keept the money in a fund until you have received and accepted the car;
- if you have accepted the car, the money will be given to me,if you refused the car, all your money will be refunded;
- you will have 10 days to inspect the car, after it has arrived to you;you can decide if you will keep it or not in this 10 days.
Tell me if everything it's clear to you, if so, provide me your full shipping name and address and I will start the shipping process.

Thank you,
Tery

We haven't give him our address yet.
I'm afraid this is a fraud too ?

Thanks
twijfelaars
NewBorn

Re: opel zafira / fraud?

Postby lightfair » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:41 pm

It's definitely a scam. Please post the email address of the scammer.

We already have a whole bunch of "Globetrotter" sites in the database. If you can somehow get the address of the current site from the scammer it would help a number of people (because then we could try to shut down the current site).
lightfair
Master

Re: opel zafira / fraud?

Postby twijfelaars » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi,

I thought so ...

Here is the email address :

terymarew@hotmail.com

I'm afraid I don't have extra information.
I saw the car on Kapaza.
twijfelaars
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud