Does eBay offer Escrow services??

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Does eBay offer Escrow services??

Postby asiatica » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:32 am

I got an offer from a seller in the UK who wants to sell me very cheap prices on iPhones. He says he has a contract with eBay and eBay is acting as an intermediary (escrow). This is what he says:

Thanks for getting back to me. If we reach an agreement, the phones will be delivered directly to your address. I will ship the phones from here (London, Great Britain) with UPS/TNT/DHL or FedEx Services (recommended by eBay) insured and it will take no more then 2 days.
I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. According with the eBay you have 2 days from the time you receive the product to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not. Here is how it will work:
1. First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
3. After they will process your info, they will send you the invoice. In the invoice you will receive the details on how to make a refundable payment.
4. eBay will contact me and I will ship the product to you. After you receive the product you will have 2 days to test and verify. If you will buy, then I will receive the payment from eBay .
5. If you will decide that you will not buy the product, eBay will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up my product. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them. I look forward to hear from you.

Smell like a scam?
asiatica
NewBorn

Re: Does eBay offer Escrow services??

Postby lightfair » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:16 am

asiatica wrote:Smell like a scam?

A hundred percent.

If you have additional information please post them here (for example, if the "seller" is active on ebay it would be nice to know his ebay name; if this originated on another platform the details could help as well).
lightfair
Master

Return to Escrow Fraud