What to do...

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

What to do...

Postby Youregoingdown » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:22 pm

They posted up a website. My friend was scammed. The company and the seller claimed to be in England (the website stated this, the money was supposodly sent there etc.)where as my friend is in another country.
The police said they cannot do anything, so should he call the police in the city in England where they claimed to be or just give up and accept that they can just get away with this and take advantage of people?

any advice would be very much appreciated.
Youregoingdown
Infant

Re: What to do...

Postby georg » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:08 pm

what is the url of scammer-website ?
europe support
georg

Postby Youregoingdown » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:11 pm

http://www.jepati-caminari.co.uk/

It was taken down a few days ago by someone at EBAY
Youregoingdown
Infant

Postby Youregoingdown » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:15 pm

Sorry, I am trying to be a bit vague about this because I don't want to put down too many personal details. Also, although the police said they can't do anything, I am hoping they are snooping around. I doubt it though.

The money was wired from Western Union. The item for sale is still being advertised, I set up a fake account yesterday and the guy contacted me saying the item is available! (the scam on my friend happened just a few days ago).
Western union said they can't trace where it was picked up, only if the police ask. But if the police said they can't do anything then it doesn't make sense!
thanks so much.
Youregoingdown
Infant

Postby georg » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:20 pm

hm...difficult...the site is killed by aa419 -team.
But the Gangster dont sit in UK...(the seller/buyer) also not. Most part of scammersgroups, and i mean, in this fact also, are in Romania.
You (or your friend) can make a online-complaint to the romain-police
online or via hardcopy and fax
http://www.aa161.org/

(and the english police can do nothings in this situation.)
And if you have paying via WU....the money is absolout away...you see it never again...so sorry)
europe support
georg

Postby Youregoingdown » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:26 pm

Thank a lot...
Well I don't think he expects to see his money again..he has kind of dropped the whole thing...I am now the one that wants to see justice done if possible!
These people are pathetic, get a real job like most of us!
I will in fact tell him to report it to the Romanian police. Thank you for the idea.
Youregoingdown
Infant

Return to Escrow Fraud