Scam site?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Scam site?

Postby Packman » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:04 pm

I am looking to buy some mp4 players and found this site on alibaba.com "http://www.tri-ray.com/" is it a scam?

Thank You
Packman
NewBorn

Re: Scam site?

Postby peg » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:01 pm

The site claims
Tri-ray Co., Ltd. is a high-tech company which was founded in 2003.

But the whois ( http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... ri-ray.com ) says 2007.

Long time for a "High Tech" company to make their way to the web... Don't you think?
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lightfair » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:55 pm

I don't know....

The registrant and the address used for contact match. Could be the company was using a different name before.

As far as I can see it looks more like an OEM manufacturer; at firts glance I couldn't even find something like an online store. So this one is almost certainly not one of the "buy cheap iPods/iPhones here" sites.

I have no idea if this site is indeed for real; but I also don't see the typical "smoking guns" I associate with fake sites.
lightfair
Master

Postby fresco34 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:39 pm

Yes they are a scam site. They do a very good job of false legitamacy (prompt email responses, detailed product information, and even a decent website) but they are a scam. I speak from a position of an objective business person looking for suppliers and being fooled by one.

DON'T TRUST IT,

Casey J.
fresco34
NewBorn

Return to Escrow Fraud