riskfreeescrow.com

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

riskfreeescrow.com

Postby Ravi » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:21 am

Can any one tell me riskfreeescrow.com is a legitimate site or not. Recently i am approched by a seller and he told me to deposit money at this (riskfreeescrow) third party. I want to know is this valid third party or not. Please help me. Your help is appreciated.
Ravi
NewBorn

Postby peg » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:39 pm

I have my doubts about that site. It is listed in our database at http://escrow-fraud.com/fraud_data.php?id=2562 and is marked as Possibly Legit. The reasons for that were communications with the website representative and one of our respected members. Some of his material from the website was stolen from Escrow.com (a legitimate online escrow company). Promises were made to correct these issues.

I am still not 100% convinced that the site is legitimate. If it were I that were requested to use them, I think I would recommend a different company (such as Escrow.com or other legitimate escrow companies http://escrow-fraud.com/legit-escrow.html )

I will try and look further into it however and try and get back with more detail if possible.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lightfair » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:43 pm

There are some things that don't look good to me.

First, I could not find ANY "legal" information on the site; like where it is located, who is the owner of the business, is it licensed to operate and so on. This would be enough for me to give a clear "no".

Second, the whois information doesn't look exactly stellar to me:

Registrant Contact:
Risk Free Escrow
Matthew Sherwood (mwsherwood@liberty.edu)
+1.7347409393
Fax: 11
1033 Allison Dawn ln.
Forest, VA 24551
US

I personally find the "edu" email address a bit problematic. A business with an "edu" email?

If it is indeed a legit business those guys went to great lengths to make it look extremely fishy.
lightfair
Master

Postby suziecue » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:46 am

It's registered in Bedford County Virginia as a business, and Matthew Sherwood is indeed the owner and quite willing to discuss his business. (Believe me, this took a bit of research to find, and believe :lol: )

As peg points out, there are some outstanding issues and questions (which were made clear to Risk Free Escrow some months ago now). This is not "fake escrow" as in completely imaginary, but it doesn't have the same level of professionalism and experience as an older company does.
suziecue

Return to Escrow Fraud