Is autotransportdepot Real?

Basic General Forum. Topics may be many and varied

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Is autotransportdepot Real?

Postby AndreFaria » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi everyone!

I would like to know if this company is real: http://www.autotransportdepot.com/

I´m truing to buy a car and the gut that contact me suggest using this company as an Escrow and transport for the car...But i´m not conviced this is a reliable company.

Cheers
André
AndreFaria
NewBorn

Re: Is autotransportdepot Real?

Postby lightfair » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:05 pm

http://www.autotransportdepot.com/ is - as far as I can see - real. The registration goes back to 2006 and while there are certain things that don't sit particularly well with me (hidden registration, non-working Verisign sign) I don't see any sign of a scam. Of course I have no idea if they are reliable.

HOWEVER: It has happened in the past that existing companies (including http://www.autotransportdepot.com/) have been impersonated by scammers. The victims then got emails pretending to come from the company but in reality coming from the scammers. If one is not suspicious here this could easily get overlooked.

Please post a few more details about the deal. You don't have to include specifics like names or email addresses at this point; it's possibly that everything is ok.
lightfair
Master

Postby AndreFaria » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:51 pm

Thx for the reply :)

II´m portuguese but living in Poland. So, i want to buy a car and register it here.
I found the car I wanted in a polish website. The ad said that the car was in Poland. But after contacting threw mail the seller, I told me that in fact, the car was in Ireland but had german papers.
Below I will copy and paste our exchange of emails.

First, he send me an email with some pics and info about the car. In reply I sent this:

Hi Peter!

Yes, Im still interested in your offer and its even better if we can speak in English, since I´m also not Polish.
So, the car is Ireland right now, but was bought in Germany?

Regards,
André

After this he replied:

Hello André,
I'm the second owner, I bought the car from Germany one month ago.
It is not any problem to use the car in Poland, because is a European model and you can register to your country without any problems!
The car has all the necessary papers and it has all its taxes payed!
The papers of the car are German papers.

I have a safe method to propose you that will protect both of us in this deal.
The shipping cost to Poland are are included in the price.
You pay only the price of the car 3.000 EUR.
The car is ready for shipping at the shipping company.
To receive it you must pay the money for the car to the shipping company with a BANK ACCOUNT .
After the payment is checked and if everything is OK the car will be shipped towards you.You will receive the car right at your home address.The shipping time depends on the distance to your country.
When you will receive the car you will have up to 10 days to inspect it at the nearest dealer and to go with the papers at the local authorities and see if there is trouble registering the car in your country.
If everything is OK and you agree to keep it the shipping company will give me the money and the transaction will be completed.
If you are not satisfied you must announce the shipping company before the end of the inspection period and if there is no solution to the problems the car will be shipped back to me by the same method in which it was shipped to you and the shipping company will return you the money.
This service offer protection for both buyer and seller.
For more information please check www.autotransportdepot.com this is the shipping companie's website.
If you agree to make the deal this way please tell me so I can contact the shipping company to start the transaction with you.

Email me your response soon!
Regards!
Peter

Any idea if this is legit?

Cheers
AndreFaria
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:44 am

AndreFaria wrote:I found the car I wanted in a polish website. The ad said that the car was in Poland. But after contacting threw mail the seller, I told me that in fact, the car was in Ireland but had german papers.

I only needed to read this far for my alarm bells to ring.

Take this:

I have a safe method to propose you that will protect both of us in this deal.

Do a search for this particular phrase in quotes, like this: "I have a safe method to propose you that will protect both of us in this deal."

This will turn up a number of hits which in turn will not leave much of a question (in my opinion).

Any idea if this is legit?

Definitely not. However the real autotransportdepot.com is probably not involved with this at all.

Please post the name and email address used by the "seller".
lightfair
Master

Postby AndreFaria » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:38 am

He said his name was Peter Tamler and his mail is: Peter Tamler <mediaprotec@live.com>

After our conversation yesterday I told him that I wasnt too confident in this deal and re replied this:

Hello André,
I made deals in the past using this company and they are very serious!
You pay first the shipping company the price of the car via Bank Account.
The money will be safe at the company.
The company will bring the car to you.
When you will receive the car you will have up to 10 days to inspect it at the nearest dealer and to go with the papers at the local authorities and see if there is trouble registering the car in your country.
If you will be satisfied you will keep it and the company will give the money to me.
If you are not satisfied the company will give the money back to you and will return the car to me.

I'm a serious man, a family, not a 15 years old kid who is playing on the internet , and i want to make a serious deal !
I assure you that your money will be safe , and you receive the car without any problem!
Please understand me that it is a condition from the shipping company not mine!
For more security i send you my copy of passport!

You can contact me via email with any questions.
I will wait for your email!
Regards!
Peter

Also, he sent a picture of what he said was hes passport. Can I post it here or it makes no difference?

Cheers
AndreFaria
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:45 am

AndreFaria wrote:He said his name was Peter Tamler and his mail is: Peter Tamler <mediaprotec@live.com>

Thanks. This may help other potential victims.

You may also want to search for this phrase (including the quotes):

"I'm a serious man, a family, not a 15 years old kid who is playing on the internet , and i want to make a serious deal !"

This is also well-used by now.

Also, he sent a picture of what he said was hes passport. Can I post it here or it makes no difference?

You could post it, but those passports are usually forged. I have seen pictures of identical passports with different names.
lightfair
Master

Postby ladenn » Tue May 14, 2013 11:46 am

I agree with first answer.
ladenn
NewBorn

Return to General