dpd-group.eu Scam site?

Have you been frauded at at an Online Escrow Site? Put your story, questions and comments here!
Click Here to return to escrow-fraud page

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

dpd-group.eu Scam site?

Postby diyaddict » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:53 am

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if this is a scam service?

I'm trying to buy a saxophone that's been advertised. The seller is in Germany and is shipping using a an agent with an escrow service.

The agent's website is dpd-group.eu, but this is NOT the DPD group that everyone knows - I phoned them and they say the site is nothing to do with them.

The website looks very professional, I was sent an invoice, but when it came to paying, I was given details of a bank in Poland, and a name Ricardo Brega - DPD.

The website gives a list of offices. I checked the Manchester one, but could not find their name at that address using Google.

Also, the letter I got from the seller is very similar to another I've seen on another site:

http://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/view ... ?p=1360262

My letter was:

I will offer you a Yanagisawa baritone saxophone, comes with fitted travel hard case. Good working order. Looking it the saxophone there are small scratches in places but no noticeable dents it signs of damage. There's a patch which feels rough on the neck piece. All pads etc look fine. I've tried to show this and overall condition in the pictures. The serial number is 241585. Also there is a signature in black pen but I believe this will polish off, I'm insure who's signed this item ( if you know who it might be let me know). Model 901, Made in Japan.
I will sell it for 1250 GBP - final price. So...let me know if you accept my asking price and if you would be interested in closing a deal with me. Oh... I have also attached a few pictures :-)

Also, I have to tell you that I am located in Munich - Germany and the Baritone is here with me. I made the announce a few time ago while I was in UK, working at a project.... meanwhile I came back home.
If you really are interested in buying it, there are two ways in which we could end this transaction: The first one will be to meet each other....so if you have the possibility to come here in Munich to pick up the saxophone personally, will be great! The coffee would be from me of course :-)
In case you don't have the possibility to come here, we can use a shipping company; and of course I will pay all the shipping fees. This is also a good option because the company will provide a 3 days trial period, meaning that you can test the Baritone and it's accessories for 3 days, before receiving the money from you. You will receive the package in 3 or 4 days and the payment will be made via bank transfer or paypal.
So...let me know which option suits you better so I can give you further details.

Greetings
Adam

In fact, the 'Agent' will only accept bank transfer. The guy is very convincing, and even sent me a photo of his ID card.

Can anyone help? Is this a scam?
diyaddict
Infant

Re: dpd-group.eu Scam site?

Postby lightfair » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:49 pm

diyaddict wrote:Hi,

Can anyone tell me if this is a scam service?

I'm trying to buy a saxophone that's been advertised. The seller is in Germany and is shipping using a an agent with an escrow service.

The agent's website is dpd-group.eu, but this is NOT the DPD group that everyone knows - I phoned them and they say the site is nothing to do with them.

The website looks very professional, I was sent an invoice, but when it came to paying, I was given details of a bank in Poland, and a name Ricardo Brega - DPD.

The website gives a list of offices. I checked the Manchester one, but could not find their name at that address using Google.

Also, the letter I got from the seller is very similar to another I've seen on another site:

Well, there's not much of a question then, is it?

Of course it's a scam.

I've added http://dpd-group.eu/ to our database. Please post the details of the involved persons; especially the email addresses they've been using and - if known - bank data.
lightfair
Master

Postby diyaddict » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:12 pm

Really appreciate your help. I'm backing out. These guys are so personable in their emails and the websites are much more realistic than the old days - it's hard to let common sense prevail.

Hopefully he won't be able to try this same site on others now. I've also reported it to the UK police.

Cheers!
diyaddict
Infant

Postby diyaddict » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:22 pm

The guy called himself Adam Zeller.

You know the 'shipping agent' now. dpd-group.eu

The bank details were as follows:

RICARDO BREGA - DPD
IBAN: PL83132015372427007830000001
SWIFT / BIC: POCZPLP4
BANK NAME: Pocztowy Bank
BANK ADDRESS: Wielopole 7/5, Gdansk, 80-556, Poland

Your bank must include the INVOICE NR: 889493922 when they process the wire transfer.
After the transfer was done, please send a scanned receipt to our e-mail address.

Thanks again. I hope this info helps someone else out.
diyaddict
Infant

Postby diyaddict » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:26 pm

The email addresses used were:

support@profi-architect.eu (Adam Zeller)

and

dpdgroup@contactoffice.com (Łukasz Masłowski, DPD-Group)

They also gave a phone number for their "Polish office" - +48721783132
diyaddict
Infant

Postby lightfair » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:39 pm

diyaddict wrote:The email addresses used were:

support@profi-architect.eu (Adam Zeller)

and

dpdgroup@contactoffice.com (Łukasz Masłowski, DPD-Group)

They also gave a phone number for their "Polish office" - +48721783132

The domain name profi-architect.eu was registered in April 2015 with a Greek registrar. Interestingly this is the same registrar with which the domain name dpd-group.eu was registered in March 2015...

The fake site layout has been used at least once before in 2013: http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... a&id=13105

(you can see the screenshot at the bottom).
lightfair
Master

Postby diyaddict » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:19 am

And I guess the real Adam Zeller is some guy who had his wallet stolen, which was how this scammer was able to send me a photo of the ID card, and one with Zeller and his son.

I've made a donation to this site, but really I can't thank you guys enough.
diyaddict
Infant

Postby GermanyTeem » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:06 am

Who are you Mr. ???????? First introduce yourself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With what right share given my full details on internet ????????????? Who allowed it ??????????????

Have you make a deal with me because I do not remember !!!!!!!!

I do not know if you have ever visited Munich but you will visit because I will sue you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GermanyTeem
Infant

Postby GermanyTeem » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:08 am

diyaddict wrote:And I guess the real Adam Zeller is some guy who had his wallet stolen, which was how this scammer was able to send me a photo of the ID card, and one with Zeller and his son.

I've made a donation to this site, but really I can't thank you guys enough.

What's your name ???? Who are you ???? Introduce yourself !!!!

What right by writing my data online?!!
GermanyTeem
Infant

Postby GermanyTeem » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:21 am

How are you mr. ?????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GermanyTeem
Infant

Next

Return to Escrow Fraud