Fraudulent Transactions

A (partial) list of fraudulent sites. Please post url's of fraud sites in here and not in other forums.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Fraudulent Transactions

Postby GOGRANNYGO » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:51 pm

Aloha from Paradise,
I had several high end jewelry and antiques listed on eBay. I was spoofed be three people Wiliam Peterson of London, you provided me with fraudulent invoices with the eBay logo and SquareTrade Seal Program logo on it. I shipped the package. It was by the GRACE OF GOD that I got the jewelry worth over $12,000.00 USD back. Yes crooks are becoming very sophisticated! He even got into the UPS tracking system, and had the package sent to the East Midlands Airport in GB. I had to contact them, UPS, and the Leicheshire Police in London and make an incident report. His e=mail is wiliampeterson@cs.com. Beware of him! Then
bantrivan@gmail.com tried to spoof me using square=trade-center@financier.com. Beware!, Then Daniel Magnus of Spain e-mail aagnus11@mac.com tried to spoof me using http://www.trading-security.com. They are all frauds. BEWARE!
Sincerely,
GOGRANNYGO
Last edited by GOGRANNYGO on Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
GOGRANNYGO
NewBorn

Postby georg » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:00 am

yes, http://www.trading-security.com/ its a FRAUD, we have it in db with date 21st of July
http://escrow-fraud.com/fraud_data.php?id=1789
(and we have it posted in many international forums too)
georg

Re: Fraudulent Transactions

Postby skybluemidnightsky » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:14 pm

Hello All:

After reading your post, I wanted to include some information about an auction that was held on eBay for a vintage 60's ladies gold watch through what appeared to be Prestige Timepieces in the UK. After winning the auction, I received an email from service@mailebayaccount.com asking that I hold off making payment through paypal, and to wait for ebay to send me new instructions for payment.

I received new instructions, which looked legitimate from email address noted as checkout@reply2-ebay.com that contained the ebay logo, layout, and language, however they indicated in this note that payment should be made only through Moneygram, and contained language that the transaction would be covered up to $5,000 USD, and to send the payment to an ebay agent with the information noted below.

Radu Razvan Costin
Str. Marin Sorescu No 10,
Ramnicu Valcea / 1000,
Romania

I submitted a search in Google noting eBay and MoneyGram, as this seemed odd given that the original auction noted that PayPal would be the payment method. Several results from the Google search posted the unfortunate outcomes of people being scammed by people who have no sense of ethics. The eBay site itself also has notices from both MoneyGram and Western Union warning the eBay community not to use this method of payment as it could be a fraudulent transaction.

I thought I would post this notice in the event that the seller tries to resurface again on eBay whether in the UK or US, and to warn others to be careful if after you win an auction a seller suddenly changes terms from using PayPal to asking you to use Moneygram or Western Union, which cannot provide you with the limited guarantees and protection under PayPal. Take care to research and conduct some due diligence especially if anything about the transaction does not seem right.

It's a real shame that some people would resort to such methods and attempt to take advantage of people in this manner.
skybluemidnightsky
NewBorn

Postby georg » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:12 pm

skybluemidnightsky wrote: and to send the payment to an ebay agent with the information noted below.

Radu Razvan Costin
Str. Marin Sorescu No 10,
Ramnicu Valcea / 1000,
Romania

for all: ebay dont use payment -agents !!!
europe support
georg

Postby darbitiger » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:31 pm

I was just hit up with the same exact email. I immediately sent the guy a message on ebay because I was not going to send my money to a different country and he told me that everything was perfectly fine with his paypal account and that it was not a ligament email. The craziest part about it is that I received the email within seconds of winning my auction. So yes, beware because the email looks VERY real.
darbitiger
NewBorn

Return to Scam Sites