montana-transport.com - fraud

A (partial) list of fraudulent sites. Please post url's of fraud sites in here and not in other forums.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

montana-transport.com - fraud

Postby Dasve » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Saw that this one wasn't listed in your database. It's likely trying to take advantage of the legit hauling service called Montana Transport Company. The scammer has been listing good offers on legit sites to get into contact with potential buyers only to suddenly make the offer too-good-to-be-true to try and get an impulse buy (a 1998 truck suddenly becomes a 2008 truck for $12k, etc) while pointing to their fake escrow as a safety net.

It's clearly a fake for anyone slightly savvy with the internet but unfortunately it's effective. Just spent some time on the phone convincing my parents that it was indeed fake and to stop all contact with the guy, so hopefully this makes it easier for someone else in the future.

E-mail of the seller they were in contact with is: alandotfrank@hotmail.com

A few of the e-mails:

Hello
The 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 is in perfect working condition, the interior and exterior look great,no mechanical problems. It hasn't been in any accidents,title is clean and clear. The price is 12.000 and it includes delivery.
We are letting it go because we brought a motor-home and and decided to fulfill our life dream, Alaska adventure. It is currently in custody of Montana-Transport LTD in Great Falls, Montana with all the papers necessary to sell ready to be delivered to it's new owner.
I`m already on the road so i left the Dodge there waiting for his new owner . If interested i`ll send you the company link, where you can get all the necessary details .

Waiting for your answer
Cordially
Frank Willis

sorry , it was a typing error , it`s a 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 , 20.100 miles
Montana Transport LTD will take care of the transport and also they will inspect the car, charging me a 3% from the price for that

well , i know that isn`t your problem but i have serious bank problems , an unwanted heritage my wife left for me
that`s why i`m selling it so low priced because i need the money in maximum 1 week
All the details are correct , and it`s a 2008 one

For a faster answer from Montana Transport ltd you can use these mails

support@montana-transport.com
contact
info
sales

Thanks

Already listed here: http://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=60437
Dasve
NewBorn

Return to Scam Sites