Is this site a scam?

A (partial) list of fraudulent sites. Please post url's of fraud sites in here and not in other forums.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Is this site a scam?

Postby jjp » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:01 pm

I know it could be, the seller claims to be in NY, but posted the item in IL on craigslist.
But I'm new to these escrow websites/services, so i wouldn't be able to tell as easy as you guys:
http://vsd-transport.us.tt/
The url seems fishy, as much as asking for money transfers directly.

ps: right clicking gives a warning box (right-click is disabled).
jjp
NewBorn

Re: Is this site a scam?

Postby lightfair » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:55 pm

jjp wrote:I know it could be, the seller claims to be in NY, but posted the item in IL on craigslist.
But I'm new to these escrow websites/services, so i wouldn't be able to tell as easy as you guys:
http://vsd-transport.us.tt/
The url seems fishy, as much as asking for money transfers directly.

It is; and I will add it shortly to our database and send a report.

In the meantime you might want to have a look here:

http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... layout=139

It's a very well known template.

ps: right clicking gives a warning box (right-click is disabled).

Yes, that's because they don't want you to know where the actual site is. Not good enough to prevent us from looking a bit deeper, though...
vsd-transport.us.tt is only a sort of "frame" into which the content is loaded from elsewhere; in this case from

http://vds-transport.eu/vsd/

Isn't that nice: when shortening the URL we get another (different) fake escrow site:

http://vds-transport.eu/

What I would like you to do is to post the details of the deal, most importantly the name and email address the scammer is using. If you feel like "playing" abit with him you may want to wait until the fake site is killed and then ask why you cannot access it: maybe then he will provide you with the next "incarnation".
And in case you're wondering: The scammer is most likely sitting in some Romanian internet cafe, not in the US.
lightfair
Master

Re: Is this site a scam?

Postby jjp » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:56 am

wow, thanks so much, i will just avoid all non-local deals and stick around to learn a thing or two. didn't think they'd be so detailed on something so fake, address didn't match on google either now that i looked for it.

Details as follows, he might know im suspecting a fraud.

to wcarso@googlemail.com
and name:
Paul Lehrer

Aug 6 (5 days ago)

Hey, is the phone still available?
im interested in getting the phone, only thing is, is it fully functional?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul Lehrer to me

Aug 7 (4 days ago)

I am sorry but I am in New York now.
If you want , we can make the deal thru a shipping company ( I will send the iphone first and I will provide you the tracking number so you can track it online ) The shipping will take 2 days ( the price include shipping fees ) The warranty is transferable.
Let me know if you accept ..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to Paul

Aug 8 (4 days ago)

So i wouldn't have to pay until the phone is received? How exactly would this work out?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul Lehrer to me

Aug 8 (4 days ago)

Hello,

First of all I have left 14 iphones so if you would like more just tell me. Only black color.
All are original brand new 3GS 32GB unlocked and jailbroken with 12 months transferable warranty. All have 3.1.3 firmware installed. They will work on any GSM carrier.

The price that I'm looking to get for one is US $250. I'm in New York now so if you cannot come here i can only ship the iphone to you. The shipping is free and i also ship with insurance. You will receive the product in 2 days. So we can be both protected i want to use an escrow company, if you want to continue this deal. In this way the transaction is safe. This are the steps through an escrow company:
1. I will start the shipping, then I`ll provide you the tracking number so you can track the package online.
2. The shipping company will contact you with an invoice with all the details regarding shipping and payment.
3. You must pay to the available agent assigned for this transaction (to a escrow's employee). He will hold your payment until you receive your iphone.
4. You receive the iphone.
5. You have 3 days to inspect the iphone and if you don't like it, you can return it (with no extra costs).
6. If you decide to keep it (after 3 days) the agent will transfer the money to me (only with your consent)

This is all you have to know. If you cannot come in NY just let me know if you are agree with this so we can start the transaction.
Also tell me if you would like to buy more.
Thank you

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to Paul

I'm allright with having things go through a third party, what company
is this? I'd like to go ahead and get it by this coming week if
possoble.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last mail i sent him was telling him that i usually get deliveries with a bit of latency, due to the place where i work at. Also, i asked if he was going to come back from NY.
and until now he hasn't answered.

ps: he said it wasn't new on the description on craigslist, now offers a new one for 250$$, 32gb. Too good to be true.
jjp
NewBorn

Return to Scam Sites