Craigslist piossible scam

A (partial) list of fraudulent sites. Please post url's of fraud sites in here and not in other forums.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Craigslist piossible scam

Postby jtrtjs » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:48 am

This I think is a scam from craigs list it is for the sale of a 2006 Pioneer RV for 3,800. the emails are as follows

Hi again,
I already have a contract with the escrow I will respect it so I can finish the deal just with the escrow. The camper is in their yard but without me you can't inspect the camper and I can't leave the base for the moment.
Right now I'm in a military base, we are getting ready for Afghanistan. I cannot leave the base for now. The camper is already at the escrow & shipping company warehouse in Norcross, GA, ready to be shipped. The camper will be shipped free of charge (assured by the army) along with all documents, clean and clear title(on my name only) with my signature on it, owner's manual and keys. Because I can't be there for you, I decided to use an escrow service, that I have worked with in the past. The payment method I have chosen (at the support escrow company advise) is bank transfer.

Here is how it will work:

1) I will start a new transaction in which will be stipulated that the shipping is assured by me, that you have 5 days for inspection, after receiving the camper.
2) You will receive a notification by email that we have started a transaction. Then you will have to register on their web site using your e-mail and ID transaction given to you in your notification email.
3) Read the terms of the transaction and if you agree with them you accept the agreement and you will receive instructions with payment details. After the payment is made you must log in your account and submit the payment.
4. The shipping will start. After you receive the camper you will have 5 days to test and verify it. If you decide keep it, I will receive the payment from the escrow company. Otherwise, the camper will be shipped back, free of charge on your side and you will be fully refunded. If you wish to start the transaction, please reply, so we can proceed.

I'll wait your response.

Thanks.
the escrow site he wanted to use was click on this link(it's escrow company's site): http://www.w-vt.com/
Lookinging into this site more I found it was registered four days before the post on craigslist and activated three days before the post. the contact email used by him was jeff hockanson [mailto:jeff.hockanson@gmail.com what do you think??
JT
jtrtjs
NewBorn

Re: Craigslist piossible scam

Postby peg » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:53 am

- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby morrisnwm » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:48 pm

Glad to see that someone else feels this away. I got the same response from him. Just didn't feel right! It was a to good to be true thing.
morrisnwm
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:31 pm

I sent a report to the hoster (yahoo); if they react as usual the fake site will be gone in about a day or two.
lightfair
Master

Postby morrisnwm » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:29 am

He is now using this website for the escrow http://www.autos-tr.com. I don't know how to tell when it was created or anything, but I figure the more info to inform people the better.
morrisnwm
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:21 pm

Thanks, I've added http://www.autos-tr.com/ to our database as well. It was registered June 8th, three days ago.

Is the email address used by the scammer still jeff.hockanson@gmail.com or is he using a different address now?
lightfair
Master

Postby morrisnwm » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:36 pm

Jeff Hockanson [jeff.hockanson@gmail.com] this is what he is using with me. Why can't people get a real job!
morrisnwm
NewBorn

Postby lucky4me » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:52 am

Lucky for me I had an incident that almost took me for a ride and this one seemed to good to be true like the other. However, on the first one I was not familiar with scams as I have not been in the situation. However with this one, I was emailing this character and going along and once I told him I had done some research and found that this is a scam or possible scam he stopped emailing me. So the answer to this one about this camper, this guy or gal is definitely a scam artist. I do not know why they foreign people are attracted to Americans other than that I think we are naive and gullable. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND IF ANY DEALS EVER SEEMS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE THEN IT PROBABLY IS. MORE THAN LIKELY IT IS A SCAM...

PLEASE FORGIVE THE SPELLING ERRORS.
Thanks again,
lucky4me
NewBorn

Postby overace » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:38 pm

Here is a similar site w/ nearly identical information.
http://www.autos-tr.com

See our resent entry titled: Too Good 2B True

Thanks for this service.
.e
overace
NewBorn

Postby peg » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:51 pm

overace wrote:Here is a similar site w/ nearly identical information.
http://www.autos-tr.com

See our resent entry titled: Too Good 2B True

Thanks for this service.
.e

Yup....

They are a scam and are in our database => http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... a&id=10615
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Scam Sites