Faux escrow site: www.online-tnt.com

A (partial) list of fraudulent sites. Please post url's of fraud sites in here and not in other forums.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Faux escrow site: www.online-tnt.com

Postby zenxing » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Referred by this faux seller's email:

Obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.
I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the laptop within 3-4 days.
I was looking for a safe way to complete this sale and I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the laptop in less than 3 days.
The solution is provided by the worldwide shipping company TNT.
They have a service which will provide us with a safe way to handle the payment and delivery of the laptop.
With this procedure you will have the chance to test the laptop before I receive my payment, and the TNT procedure will ensure my safety as well in receiving the payment. And since TNT will also take care of the delivery this will go very smooth and fast.
The procedure is explained on the TNT website. I saved the exact link so please click on the link below to the TNT website where the procedure is explained.
http://www.online-tnt.com/about.tnt/index/details.html

Let me know

Cindy

Cindy Murray,
Airline Warehouse Holidays
153 Barlow Moor Road
West Didsbury
Manchester
M20 2YA
zenxing
NewBorn

Re: Faux escrow site: www.online-tnt.com

Postby lightfair » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:11 am

Hello,

thanks for the information. I've added the site to our database and sent a report to the web host. Hopefully it will be suspended soon!
lightfair
Master

Re: Faux escrow site: www.online-tnt.com

Postby ulfwolf » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:41 pm

Great post.

Perhaps I can just add to this that I agree that the best way to guard against being ripped off by online sales or auctions is to use a bona fide online escrow company. Although it does add some cost, that will take uncertainty out of the transaction.

For my money, the best bona fide online escrow (and there seems to be ten fraudulent escrow sites for every bona fide one) is probably Escrow.com (http://escrow.com). In fact, it’s the only one that eBay recommends.

Take care,

Ulf Wolf
ulfwolf
NewBorn

Return to Scam Sites