new fake web-site..

A (partial) list of fraudulent sites. Please post url's of fraud sites in here and not in other forums.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

new fake web-site..

Postby escrow-fraud-finder » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:41 pm

this is fake,they asked me to send the money in advance via western union...and looks at those prices.how can we shut it down ?

http://www.landtechnik-mayer.net/?page=land
escrow-fraud-finder
NewBorn

Re: new fake web-site..

Postby james@thomasweb.eu » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:08 am

Escrow fraud
Dear Sir/Madam,

I believe I’ve been the attempted victim of a fraud, someone called Garret G Bennett advertised in Gumtree a 2005 Toyota Prius, for £2700. We contacted him and he came back saying he was a Royal Air Force pilot, based in Scotland and about to go to Afghanistan, because he wanted a quick sale he offered £2200.
The Car (reg. FE05WJZ) looked good from the photos and we discussed meeting up. He then said he wanted us to put the money in an Escrow – London-Autopay.com
Their website has logos from Ebay, the AA, AutoCheck and McAffee and seemed convincing.
Fortunately an internet search for the company found a warning that the company that London Autopay had only just been set up in September in Florida, the phone number just rings to a message and the address is not recognized by the post office.
I offered Mr Bennett to use a different legitimate Escrow, but unsurprisingly he has disappeared, I suspect not to Afghanistan?
The culprit uses a wide range of legitimate tags to hide behind, Gumtree, The Royal Air Force, Ebay, The AA, AutoCheck and McAffee.
It would be lovely if he could be stopped wouldn’t it!
Sincerely,
James Thomas

grgbennett@ukroyalairforces.com
Garret G Bennett - Air Corps Pilot
The Royal Air Force Regiment

London Autopay – Escrow
Address: 125 London Road,
London, SW16 4FD,
United Kingdom
Phone: (+44) 08432890635
Fax: (+44) 08447747907
Email: support@london-autopay.com

Prius FE05WJZ

Sent: 31 October 2010 15:06
To: Subject: Re: Prius

Hi mate,
I apologies again for the delay in response because I was outside the base for training and didn't have access to Internet. The car comes with all service history, book and manuals but I'm afraid I cannot provide copy of my ID because this is private information and cannot be disclosed. I saw that even the escrow company specifies here : www.london-autopay.com/onlinescams.php (read at the bottom of the page) that providing personal information is not safe. This is also the reason I want to use the escrow company because we are both protected. Please let me know if you're still willing to buy my car because I have another potential buyer and I need to know which way to go.
One more thing, even if I would wanted to provide you a scanned copy from my id I couldn't have done it because in a military base as you probably know, it's forbidden with cameras as in other military bases as well so,it's out of question. There is one thing I can assure you, my car is in perfect running order, it has no accidents and it's a non smoker car. For me it is fun to drive this car and will be very hard for me to sell it considering the fact it was treated like a baby.
I might not have any more pictures but with a car like this....you will fall in love from first site, not that is my car but it deserves only BIG words so, trust my word cause I'm not crazy to bring it all the way just like that, I have nothing to hide.
--
Garret G Bennett - Air Corps Pilot
Army email: grgbennett@ukroyalairforces.com
Personal email: grgbennett@googlemail.com
The Royal Air Force Regiment
james@thomasweb.eu
NewBorn

Re: new fake web-site..

Postby lightfair » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:41 pm

Hello,

yes, it's a scam. Please read the following posting (and subsequent posts):

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1868#p5652

At this time he claimed to be with the Royal Australian Air Force; but I'm pretty sure it's the same scammer.

Of course http://www.london-autopay.com/ is fake, too. I'll add it to our database later. Please compare:

http://escrow-fraud.com/index.php?page= ... layout=171
lightfair
Master

Return to Scam Sites