time share escrtow

A (partial) list of fraudulent sites. Please post url's of fraud sites in here and not in other forums.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Re: time share escrtow

Postby lightfair » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:54 pm

Hello,

I suggest reading this thread (if you haven't already found it):

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1970

Detective O'Connor has posted his phone number in this thread; it might be useful to contact him directly.

Fact is that the things he described in the second posting:

These "companies" are being run out of Mexico and are connected to the same Bank Account as Elite Escrow Management. They have moved their hosting servers to Mexico. They are still claiming to be out of the United States and have phone numbers that appear to be local, but in fact are VoIP lines coming back to Mexico. It appears that they are targeting Timeshare owners who have properties with the Riviera and Mayan property group.

also apply at least partly to directescrowtransfers.com too (originally the registration for this site was made out to an individual from Mexico; this was changed later). And this would make me very cautious.
lightfair
Master

Re: Direct Escrow Transfers/Elite Resort Services

Postby peg » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:46 pm

nofreeride wrote:Elite Resort Services contacted me to see if I would rent or sell the two timeshares I have in Mexico. I said I would sell them. They said I would not be charged a fee by them until I got my money from the sale. They said I would then pay 5% commission. They said they would be using Direct Escrow to do the transfer and if Direct Escrow charged me a fee they would reimburse it once the sale was final. Of course Direct escrow is charging $1200 USD. I have not paid the fee as yet. I am very leary. Has anyone ever gotten good results?
The address for Direct Escrow is 560 Kirts Blvd. Suite 100, Troy MI., 48084 and Elite Resort Services is 2233 1st Ave. S, Seattle, WA., 98134

This site was only registered less than a year ago and only for a single year. Although the Phone and Address and listing in WHOIS all appear to be legitimate, I have several concerns. The first is that I would be leary about dealing with company A who says use Company B and we'll re-imburse you your fees if Company B charges them.

Also the very fact that Direct Escrow http://directescrowtransfers.com/index.php is less than a year old at this point. I am not sure what the overall costs of the sale would be, but is $1200 a reasonable Fee for escrow of a Time Share (on top of a 5% commission)?

The site also seems a bit sparse. I would expect to have endorsements, privacy policies, etc.... Even the FAQ is a bit weak.

Certainly the METHOD of payment to whatever escrow service would be of concern too. If it was something like Western Union or Money Gram... Run away. That's not to say that Visa/MC/Amex or Bank Wire Transfer is much better.... Just be cautious. Don't be afraid to ask them very POINTED questions. If it doesn't seem 100% ok to you then walk away. Better to miss a deal and still have your money/assets, then to jump on the "Deal of a Lifetime" and lose them both!

Hope this helps.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: time share sale and escrow scam

Postby pbock42 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:15 pm

i dealt with these people and only found out after they had scammed me to a large amount of money and wouldn't return any phone calls, or emails. does anyone have any ideas on how to get my momey back. I have tried all I know how to do, and don't have the money to hire a lawyer. I am a senior citizen, who made the mistake in believing in people. I save all e-mails they sent me.

thanks.
pbock42
NewBorn

Re: time share sale and escrow scam

Postby lightfair » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:14 pm

pbock42 wrote:i dealt with these people and only found out after they had scammed me to a large amount of money and wouldn't return any phone calls, or emails. does anyone have any ideas on how to get my momey back. I have tried all I know how to do, and don't have the money to hire a lawyer. I am a senior citizen, who made the mistake in believing in people. I save all e-mails they sent me.

thanks.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Did you already contact the police? Hiring a lawyer probably wouldn't do you much good at this point since there are certain signs that everything was set up as a criminal scheme.

Please read the entries under the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1970

Detective O'Connor has posted his phone number and email address in this thread; he is investigating a similar case and might be able to help you.
lightfair
Master

Postby Angel » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:10 am

well i have a bad story with http://www.eliteresortservices.com this guys tell me that they can sell my timeshare and they scam me only 2000 but come on
but somefriend its working with http://www.eliteresortservices.net and he already has his check did that make any sense ??? at all ??? of course one its in seatle and the other one its on chicago its that posible ??? please help
Angel
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:04 am

Angel wrote:well i have a bad story with http://www.eliteresortservices.com this guys tell me that they can sell my timeshare and they scam me only 2000 but come on
but somefriend its working with http://www.eliteresortservices.net and he already has his check did that make any sense ??? at all ??? of course one its in seatle and the other one its on chicago its that posible ??? please help

I don't know....

eliteresortservices.com definitely looks fake. The WHOIS entry still shows partial mexican details.

eliteresortservices.net doesn't look any better to me. The domain was registered in late August and the registrant is hidden (this may even be illegal for companies offering financial services). The site itself uses several elements that I know from other sites.
Your friend may want to see if that check clears or bounces.
lightfair
Master

Previous

Return to Scam Sites