GUM TREE london

A (partial) list of fraudulent sites. Please post url's of fraud sites in here and not in other forums.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

GUM TREE london

Postby sphere » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:42 pm

Car looks to good to be true.. once i contacted him the car was removed from gumtree by him.

his Ad
Your Gumtree.com ad #41136746: JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4x4 LIMITED LHD LEFT HAND DRIVE £2.500

my reply was yes im intrested.. his Email ....

Hi,

I am glad that you are interested in my car, the price i want to sell the car is £2,500.
I sell this car because of the financial crisis i moved back to my home country in Italy. I brought the car in Italy with me, but as the crisis is getting worse i can't afford to keep it anymore. I lived in United Kingdom for around 3 years with my work and when i come back in Italy my company already had bought me another car. Now i will have to sell this one as i don`t need 2 cars.
The car is in excellent condition, no damage, never involved in any accidents, no scratches, garage kept, i`m not a smoker so the car is a non-smoker car.The interior is also in perfect shape.The engine is also in great condition, no problem with it.
The title is clear, the vehicle come with full service history,also the car is registered in United Kingdom and this is one of the reasons that i sell it in United Kingdom.
If you want more pictures or any other info about the car just let me know in the next e-mail so i can send you, and i will also explain to you better how this deal will be closed.

Look forward to receiving your answer asap.

Kind Regards
Brian Nelson

I asked where i could see the car and he got right back to me ..............

Hi,

As i have told you i sell this car because of the financial crisis i moved back to my home country in Italy and i brought the car in Italy with me and i will ship the car from Italy.

Here is how we will go about delivery and payment for the car which will be through a shipping company ( Europe Express CDS ) and will also give you the chance to receive and inspect the car before i receive the payment for it, like an escrow service.
We will use a shipment company Europe Express CDS as a third party wich will guarantee to both of us a secure transaction.

Please visit the shipping company : http://www.europe-express-cds.eu.tp

I will explain to you step by step how this will work.
- First you have to send me your full shipping information ( Your Full Name , Address , Phone number ).
- After I receive your shipping info, i'll go to a Europe Express CDS location and leave the car on your name and with your address as the intended receiver.
- The shipping company will check the car, also the legal papers to see that everything is OK with them.
- You will receive a notification from the shipping company ( Europe Express CDS ) as a confirmation that the vehicle is in their custody.
- After that, you will have to send the payment into Europe Express CDS trust account and they will hold the payment until you will send your confirmation that you have received, inspected and you agreed to keep the car.
- The company will verify payment, and if everything is in order, they will bring the car to your place for inspection.
- After you will receive the car and you will be completely satisfied with it,then the company will transfer the money to me and the deal is closed.You can go to your mechanic for inspection to confirm you that the car is OK and to Police so they can tell you that the car it's not stolen or something like that.
- Also, you will have 5 days time to check the car and if by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the car, you will return the vehicle to Europe Express CDS with no expense and the company will send all your money back. I will pay for shipping which will take only 4-5 working days. Please give me a reply if you accept the deal in this way,and let me know asap so i can stop talking with my other clients.

Kind Regards
Brian Nelson
Phone number: 0044 07031835061

His Email address he was using on gumtree is ............ Brian Nelson" <navigrose2005@yahoo.com
sphere
NewBorn

Re: GUM TREE london

Postby JaxHot » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:50 pm

U da Man!!!!
Thanks
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby coley » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:54 am

I had a case the exact same, the same old sob story about the financial crisis..! He also removed the ad from gumtree once I contacted him. Below is the emails we exchanged, everything he said is n RED:

Hi ,

I am glad that you are interested in my car, the price i want to sell the car is £2,000.
I sell this car because of the financial crisis i moved back to my home country in Italy . I brought the car in Italy with me, but as the crisis is getting worse i can't afford to keep it anymore. I lived in United Kingdom for around 3 years with my work and when i come back in Italy my company already had bought me another car. Now i will have to sell this one as i don`t need 2 cars. Probably you are wondering why i am selling it for such a low price. The market price for right handed vehicles is low in Italy and having a lower price than the UK market will bring me a buyer faster than having a high one.
The car is in excellent condition, no damage, never involved in any accidents, no scratches, garage kept, i`m not a smoker so the car is a non-smoker car.
The interior is also in perfect shape.
The engine is also in great condition, no problem with it.
The title is clear, the vehicle come with full service history,also the car is registered in United Kingdom and this is one of the reasons that i sell it in United Kingdom .

If you want more pictures or any other info about the car just let me know in the next e-mail so i can send you, and i will also explain to you better how this deal will be closed.

Look forward to receiving your answer asap.

Regards,
James Carlton

I replied asking is the car was still in Italy or back here in the Uk and he replied:

Hi,

As i have told you i sell this car because of the financial crisis i moved back to my home country in Italy and i brought the car in Italy with me and i will ship the car from Italy.

Here is how we will go about delivery and payment for the car which will be through a local shipping company Europe Express CDS and will also give you the chance to receive and inspect the car before i receive the payment for it, like an escrow service.
We will use a shipment company Europe Express CDS as a third party wich will guarantee to both of us a secure transaction.

Please visit the shipping company : http://www.europe-express-cds.eu.tp

I will explain to you step by step how this will work.
- First you have to send me your full shipping information ( Full Name , Address , Phone number ).
- After I receive your shipping info, i'll go to a Europe Express CDS location and leave the car on your name and with your address as the intended receiver.
- The shipping company will check the car, also the legal papers to see that everything is OK with them.
- You will receive a notification from the shipping company Europe Express CDS as a confirmation that the vehicle is in their custody.
- After that, you will have to send the payment into Europe Express CDS trust account and they will hold the payment until you will send your confirmation that you have received, inspected and you agreed to keep the car.
- The company will verify payment, and if everything is in order, they will bring the car to your place for inspection.
- After you will receive the car and you will be completely satisfied with it,then the company will transfer the money to me and the deal is closed.You can go to your mechanic for inspection to confirm you that the car is OK and to Police so they can tell you that the car it's not stolen or something like that.
- Also, you will have 5 days time to check the car and if by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the car, you will return the vehicle to Europe Express CDS with no expense and the company will send all your money back. I will pay for shipping which will take only 4-5 working days. Please give me a reply if you accept the deal in this way,and let me know asap so i can stop talking with my other clients.

Regards
James Carlton
Phone number: 0044 07031835061

I emailled him back just to let him know he got caught out and sent a print screen on this site. Thank God I google everything and come across this site. People are soo scummy! And I really did have my heart set on a mini, but I knew the deal was too good to be true and I just hope others do too!
coley
NewBorn

Postby JaxHot » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:53 pm

email addresses the scammer used please?????
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Scam Sites