Gum Tree Car Scam

A (partial) list of fraudulent sites. Please post url's of fraud sites in here and not in other forums.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Gum Tree Car Scam

Postby captainradio1 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:03 pm

I spotted a car that was to good to be true on London Gum tree,after a series of emails I received the following,

Hi mate,
Sorry for the late reply, I had a very busy day today. I just spoke to my business partner and I'm afraid I cannot deliver myself because it will take about two days on the road and these people here really need me so, one of my employees will bring the car. I've been searching for the best solution for this transaction and one of my employees suggested a specialized company to handle the funds since the distance is an inconvenience for both of us. He suggested the following escrow company: http://www.securecarpay.com. I've read their terms and they can also take care of the necessary paperwork in order to register the car in your name in case you decide to keep it. All you have to do is to register at their website and then I need your user name so I can set up the transaction. You can read their terms here: http://www.securecarpay.com/howitworks.php. I give you seven days to test the car and only if you decide to keep it, they will release the money to me so, I believe this is the safest way. Let me know your decision because there is another person who wants to buy it and I need to know which way to go. The car will come with the servoce book, manuals and two remote controls for the alarm. One more thing I saw that they accept paypal and bank transfer as payment method which I believe is 100% secure. Let me know your decision as soon as possible.

--

Aalbert Hoffman
RDB Enterprises Limited
27 Roman Road
Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 2SS
Tel: 07535427814

Email: support@rdbenterpriseslimited.com

I have registered this as a fake site and informed Gum Tree,hopefully know will get caught out,suffice to say I have not heard any more from this individual.
captainradio1
NewBorn

Re: Gum Tree Car Scam

Postby JaxHot » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:59 pm

what was the seller's email address on GumTree?
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Scam Sites