SF-Deal Insurance.com

A (partial) list of fraudulent sites. Please post url's of fraud sites in here and not in other forums.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

SF-Deal Insurance.com

Postby jandlgoldman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:28 am

Hi, first time here. I was inquiring to a listing for a car on Craigslist. Very quickly, I got the following response, and I was wondering if this was a scam. Let me know what your thoughts:

Hello,

I appreciate your fast response to my ad regarding the 2001 Honda Civic EX.
As you've seen from the pictures my Civic is in perfect condition. It has no rust or dents and it's accident free.
If you want to see the CarFax report I can provide it for you.
My asking price is $3500. I'm only selling it so cheap because I need to sell it ASAP due to some personal problems.
Mileage is 60796.I serviced the Civic regularly and it's in perfect condition.
Because I don't have a lot of spare time I have appointed SF Deal Insurance (http://www.sf-deal-insurance.com) to handle the transaction for me.
They will make the title transfer, arrange the money exchange and deliver the car to your location.
At this time the Civic is at their office in San Francisco,CA.
The transaction will be made only by using the terms stated above.
If you are interested and you have the money available,
please register an account with SF Deal Insurance and get back to me with the e-mail address you used to register (registration it's free and they won't ask for sensitive personal details).
As soon as I hear from you I will initiate the transaction and after that they will handle everything.
After we agree on the terms they will deliver the car to your house for a 3-day inspection period and if you like it, you can have it.
Here you have the description of the car and some pictures with the car.
2001 Honda Civic EX

Mileage: 60796 miles
Body type: -- Engine: 4 Cylinder
Exterior Color: Gold
Transmission: Automatic Fuel type: Gasoline
Interior Color: Tan
Options
CD player Sunroof Anti-lock brakes
Driver airbag Passenger airbag Air conditioning
Cruise control Power locks Power windows
jandlgoldman
NewBorn

Postby georg » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:21 pm

http://www.sf-deal-insurance.com/

is a FAKE, be aware!

see here also:
http://escrow-fraud.com/images/sites/

What is the e-mail-adress of the scammer ?
georg

Postby lightfair » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:31 pm

jandlgoldman:

It's a fake; the site is hosted at yahoo and probably will be suspended within the next day.

If you want to do the community a favour you might want to wait until the site is down and then sk the "seller" (which actually is the scammer) about it. Chances are that he gives you a different site then which we then could kill as well.

And keep in mind: Those are criminals. Don't give out any real personal information.
lightfair
Master

Return to Scam Sites