active-deal.com

A (partial) list of fraudulent sites. Please post url's of fraud sites in here and not in other forums.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

active-deal.com

Postby tseaver » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:17 pm

Whois indicates registration 2008-01-12.
Doesn't turn up in search engines.

WHOIS information for: active-deal.com:

[whois.melbourneit.com]

Domain Name.......... active-deal.com
Creation Date........ 2008-01-12
Registration Date.... 2008-01-12
Expiry Date.......... 2009-01-12
Organisation Name.... Collin Glans
Organisation Address. 1366 tallwood st.
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. norfolk
Organisation Address. 23518
Organisation Address. VA
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES
tseaver
NewBorn

Postby JaxHot » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:48 pm

Thanks for the heads up.
Please post any details concerning your post.
Scammer sent you there?
Who is he please?
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ebay Rolex Scammer

Postby tseaver » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:40 pm

Jax,

This person appears to be using various legitimate looking Ebay account user names ( this one was "canuck19", which has a pretty long record of good transactions), which I can only assume are stolen/phished accounts.
The first email was through Ebay's system, which makes him appear legit at first glance.

I found at least one other Rolex seller who had also received a similar email. He appears to target Vintage Rolexes sold by non-professionals.

Below are the two emails from his email account "bigjim109@googlemail.com"

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide - Tim

Scammer emails:

Hello, I`m very interested in buying your item and I was wondering if you can ship to France.Also I would like to know your desired selling price or if you have any offers I will offer more.I have the money ready in paypal account balance but because of the high amount of money i will prefer using a third party service company who will handle the transaction and can also make full insurance of the item during the process of shipping.Please get back to me as soon as possible because I need the item by friday. -Thank You

- canuck19

Hello,

My offer is 4500$ + escrow fees + shipping costs to France, 150$ by FEDEX express,UPS express plus or DHL express.
Ebay recommends the use of an escrow service for every transaction that is larger than 500$.
Register to http://www.active-deal.com ,read about the process and start the transaction,my account is bigjim109@gmail.com .
I look forward in managing a business deal with you.
Please email me as soon possible, i can tranfer the money imediately.

Best regards,
Henri

( this final email from him is after I did the Whois search and told him no dice)

Hello,

Ebay recommends escrow.com because is their service. This is pure for economycal reasons. Did you know that? All fees that escrow.com cashes in goes directly to ebay....so that is the reason they only recommend this service. Nobody in any kind of business wants competition. I think you understand me. I have used escrow.com for one transaction and i was not satisfied, they are slow, non reliable.
I have used active-deal.com before last year.
They had the server remade because of some troubles and that is why it sayes like that.
THe company will full inssure the package durring transport.
I understand your concerns.
Please email me as soon posible.

Best regards,
Henri
tseaver
NewBorn

One other thing

Postby tseaver » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:44 pm

Doing a google search using strings of the text in the "active-deal" site turns up the following domain, which is no longer active:

http://www.opportunity-deal.com/vision.php
tseaver
NewBorn

Postby georg » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:04 pm

georg

Return to Scam Sites