cavetcom.com lunarpages.com

Have you sent a letter to a provider to advise them of a scam? Put a copy in here along with the appropriate email addresses to send to, and let every one send the letters too. There is <b>power</b> in numbers.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Postby peg » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:45 pm

So I tried to get this site shut down... Doing what I can. I went to Lunarpages.com and I tried to get results through the "Chat"

Below is a transcript...

peg: How long does it take to get a fraudulent site removed from your servers? See http://forum.escrow-fraud.com/viewtopic.php?t=498 for more info on the fraudulent site of cavetcom.com to which your company hosts.

You are now speaking with Tracie Thompson of Sales.

Tracie Thompson: My apologies. This chat is for live pre-sales questions only. Please email support@lunarpages.com or call our office at:

1-877-586-2772 - Toll free in the US
0800-072-9150 - UK toll-free
1-714-521-8150 - International
1-562-697-8106 - 24 hour Network Status Line

Our office hours are:
Mon - Fri 7 AM - 5 PM PDT/PST
Sat - Sun 8 AM - 5 PM PDT/PST

Thank you!

peg: So if I want to host a fraudulent site on your servers... How long after I have paid for it with a stolen credit card before it's removed?

Tracie Thompson: We do a series of fraud checks before any accounts are approved. It likely wouldn't make it past sign up if you used a stolen credit card.

peg: But it has and does? What checks?

peg: In fact I have provide PROOF to your "Support" and a site still exists.

Tracie Thompson: I can't reveal our security measures to just anyone.

Tracie Thompson: If you've submitted an email to lunarpages about this issue, it will be investigated by our support department.

Tracie Thompson: my apologies, it will be investigated by our abuse department.

peg: So how do I get issues resolved without a run-a-round of automated messages

Tracie Thompson: My apologies, I cannot assist you with this issue in this pre-sales chat.

peg: Where is the "Abuse" Chat?

Tracie Thompson: We do not provide an abuse chat.

peg: Interesting that you strongly support getting the money but when fraud is involved if it's not YOUR money, you don't put effort for that...

Tracie Thompson: peg, I cannot assist you with this issue here. If you have submitted a ticket to our abuse department, it will be investigated.

peg: Sorry to take your time... .I hope it doesn't cost as much for you for this 10 minutes as it does people who get frauded by a site that your company refuses to remove even after provided with rock solid proof. Going on atleast 4 days now

Tracie Thompson: I do not work for the abuse department so there is nothing I can do here to assist you.

Tracie Thompson: I don't even have access to the on-going investigations.

Tracie Thompson: Lunarpages handles all abuse complaints seriously.

peg: Again, I am sorry I wasted your time... Please pass the info off to the appropriate department.....
A copy of this chat will be available in the forum area at http://forum.escrow-fraud.com.

Tracie Thompson: This is a sales chat, so again, I cannot assist you here. If you have further information about your abuse claim, please update the ticket you have submitted.

Tracie Thompson: Thanks!

peg: I surely will.......

peg: Good day.

Last edited by peg on Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby peg » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:44 am

Yet again another response from Lunarpages Helpdesk.

Although there was a request to NOT post this information (as seen in the information I am posting), I see no reason not to. The site is helping to perpetrate a fraud and should be exposed as such.

Dear XXXXX@XXXXXX.COM,

This is an automated message to advise you that a technician has responded to your question. You can view this response and track the progress of your inquiry online at:

https://desk.lunarpages.com/view.php?ti ... ss=REMOVED

You can also reply to this e-mail.

Ticket Ref : 7836-UOAD-2816
Ticket Subject : Fraudulent Site - Please remove

Reply:
Hello,

I went to phone you in this issue but no contact information has been given.

If you can please provide your personal contact information on the support ticket given we can call you to discuss your issue. I my self will not be in the office for the next two days so this issue may sit for a short time as I am dealing with this issue my self or another rep may reply but I can?t guarantee a response time.

As it stands now all additional complaints sent from your members are being closed and Lunarpages will only deal with one person on this issue.

Lastly please do not use the presales chat for abuse related complaints as that was not its intended purpose as well none of the sales reps would be able to assist you in this matter.
As well I would ask that you would not post such correspondence on a public forum.

Upon receipt of your proper claim notice submitted under penalty of perjury we have reviewed the fraud complaint and have found inefficient evidence in the matter and would be unable to take action on such grounds unless proof of fraudulent activity is given.

Now if you would like to file a copyright complaint we can look into such an issue, if so I will need you to fill out the form again including the contact information as this information will be sent onto the account holder, if such information is omitted we will be unable to assist you in this complaint.

Please refill out the following form as solely a copyright issue. If you wish to follow this issue as one of Fraud as well we will need proof in the form of a legal document. If you have this please provide it in a reply unique from the one containing the copyright form.

In order for Lunarpages to act upon the allegedly infringing material we require the following information:

1. A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the copyrighted work or an authorized agent of that owner.

2. Identification of the copyrighted work alleged to have been infringed.

3. Identification of the allegedly infringing material sufficiently precise to allow Lunarpages to locate the material.

4. Adequate information by which we can contact the complaining party specifically including a physical postal address, telephone number and email address.

5. a proper statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owners agent or the law.

6. A statement under penalty of perjury that the information in the notice is true and correct. and

7. A statement under penalty of perjury that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.

In particular items that would be helpful to us would include proof of your federally filed Copyright as to the particular images if they have indeed been Federally registered, Information as to the identity of the owner ofthe copyright and a description of how those rights came into being, and information as to whether there are any other individuals or entities with copyright ownership of the material.

Once we receive a notice which is in compliance with the above notice provisions we can consider taking further action which might include but would not be limited to notification to our customer, warning our customer or disabling of the web site as Lunarpages determines might be reasonable and necessary under the circumstances.

As mentioned above Lunarpages is a strong supporter of Copyright and Trademark rights on the Internet. We believe that we have adopted a fair, comprehensive policy toward the protection of those rights and we look forward to assisting you in any way possible in this regard to ensure a fair, appropriate and expeditious response toward the protection of those rights.

--
Regards,
Nick Cummins

support@lunarpages.com

Phone: 1-877-LUNARPAGES (Toll-free)
Phone: 1-714-521-8150 (International)

<=== 7836-UOAD-2816 ===>
<=== 323bc30b ===>

And my response

Nick (or whatever "support" person gets this message),

I have not provided a phone number for reasons I have already explained. If that is what it will take to have cavetcom.com removed, I will provide A phone number for the express purpose of contacting me. However, I feel that it would not resolve any issues that we cannot resolve via email.

Any additional complaints from "My Members" should only serve to validate what I have said (and provided proof to) all along . http://cavetcom.com IS A FRAUD!! By your statement that you will disregard these messages only shows your lack of concern about protecting the consumer. We do not casually target sites, rather we have seen patterns through the years and have learned very quickly how to identify sites. On the rare occasion (only once that I recall in the past three years) that a site gets miss-identified, the owners have been very understanding of the cause and we promptly retracted any negative statements.

I used your chat as a means to communicate the urgency of this issue. It has now been almost 4 days since you were notified by me personally about this. In 4 days, a lot of money can be lost by innocent people. People who might have been spared this if your company would just do the right thing. Amazingly enough, most hosts cooperate and see the facts that we provide them. Then there are the stubborn few. You would think you would want to protect yourselves as well, since these sites always use stolen credit cards and identities. As a fellow merchant, I understand who pays when there is a fraud. Not the person whose card is stolen... Certainly not the credit card company.... It's the merchant. So that will be money out of your pocket for the charge back.

Although I am not the one who has a copyright or DMCA complaint, you did receive a response from the Founder and CEO of Auctionchex.com who stated that indeed HE IS the owner of the stolen information (namely the TERMS) and HE DID request you to remove the offending site. I see you tossed his complaint to the side as well.

It doesn't take a lawyer to see that this site is a fraud when you look at all the information (or just the information that you have been provided). The complaints from "My People", a complaint from the owner of copyrighted info, the facts as presented in the various dialogs..... But I guess that means nothing.

I will recommend that ANYONE who gets defrauded by http://cavetcom.com seek legal advice and I will provide them with as much information as possible.

Stop helping to perpetuate a fraud and shut down http://cavetcom.com.

Regards,
Escrow-fraud.com admin (and people)

- peg -

If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

RICO is what they are doing -

Postby grumpyoldman » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:34 am

http://www.ricoact.com/ricoact/nutshell.asp

hiding the false registration so they can keep taking the crooked money.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff200664.htm

you can add what you want to that already open topic on ripoffreport.com

and to the fool above, we are not lunarpages customers, we have no contract with them. we are their victims. he cannot tell us how and where we are allowed to complain. and copyright is not the point of this discussion.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa? ... 2819154743
i've fallen and i can't get up
grumpyoldman
Adolescent

Postby grumpyoldman » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:12 am

Maybe if you point the web host to the Official State of Washington's escrow fraud page where they have this fake company listed (under a different URL of course)

Vehicle Escrow
Seattle Municipal Tower
24th Floor
700 Fifth Ave
Seattle, WA 98101
http://www.sfbauto.com

Here's the government page.
http://www.dfi.wa.gov/cs/escrow/escrow_alert.htm
There is also a link on the page to file a complaint.
"Our mission is to protect the general public by enforcing the Escrow Agent Registration Act of Washington. You can assist us in our mission by filing a complaint to alert us to possible violations of the laws that we administer. By alerting us to potential violations, we may be able to prevent others from losing their savings."
grumpyoldman
Adolescent

Postby peg » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:30 pm

So as I try for completeness in resolving this issue, I called lunarpages at 1-877-LUNARPAGES (1-877-586-2772). In typical corporate fashion, I am presented with an automated menu. I listened to all the options and their was NONE for the ABUSE department.

So after listening, and finding no suitable option, I press "0" as that typically gets an operator (or someone that can transfer you).

After about 10 minutes on hold with annoying music (some rap in there)., I finally get a gentleman who (with what sounds like an Indian Accent). I ask him if he is with the Abuse department, he tells me NO. I ask if he can transfer me to the abuse department, and I asked also for their extension. He puts me on hold.

In a short time he comes back and asks me what this is regarding. I tell him about the Ref Ticket I have. He takes it and put's me back on hold.

Moments later, he's back "What is this regarding?" I tell him it it's about a fraudlent site. Yup.... you guessed it. Back on hold.

After several bouts of question and hold time, at some point, he says their abuse department is only ONE person. ONE person???? Wow.

Anyway, I advise him that I had email communications with Nick Cummings. Again... back on hold. When he comes back, I was informed that I could leave my name, number and the best time to be called and they would get back to me as Nick is unavailable. I asked to speak to the ONE person in the abuse department (Nick is apparently administration).

Apparently NICK told the ONE guy in the abuse department that if I should call, to get my information and he would call me back. I had informed nick that my intent was to remain anonymous for reasons of safety, but this should be irrelevant as I have provided (as well as rightful owners of material in question) proof to validate the site as a fraud.

In fact Auctionchex.com Founder and CEO was to FAX them PROOF of their ownership of copyrighted material (this morning) which should provide solidly that http://cavetcom.com is a fraud.

Anyway, I asked if I could have the extension to the abuse department (because the automated message said if I know the extension to "Enter it now", but I didn't so I have to deal with people like this guy). He informs me that "They don't really have an extension". WHAT???? I suppose you hollar across the cube...
Potential Dialog with Support and abuse departments wrote:"Hey Johnny, this guy wants to talk to you about fraud or something... Do ya wanna talk to 'em or not?...."

"Naw... I don't have time for that now.... I am getting my ass kicked in Doom!!!"

So this only shows me how Lunarpages really doesn't care about fraud. I encourage ANYONE that has been frauded by this company to contact me (use the PM) I will provide you with a copy of everything I have for any legal assistance you need.
- peg -

peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby grumpyoldman » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:43 am

Visitors, we are sorry, however, this site is experiencing difficulties at this time. Please return later.

ha ha ha - the bozos at lunarpages got a chargeback ?
grumpyoldman
Adolescent

Postby peg » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:36 am

grumpyoldman wrote:Visitors, we are sorry, however, this site is experiencing difficulties at this time. Please return later.

ha ha ha - the bozos at lunarpages got a chargeback ?

Don't know if they actually got the chargeback yet or not, however, I have been in contact with Eddie (From Auctionchex.com) who is the rightful owner of copyrighted material used in the fraudulent site by cavetcom.com. After several communications back and forth with Lunarpages (and Nick Cummins) from both Eddie and myself, Eddie had informed me (on Thursday 7/20/06) that Finally Nick (and/or Lunarpages) have accepted his (Eddie's) Copyright complaint. From there Nick was to contact (or attempt to anyway) the site owners to advise them. If there was no contact (yes... we all new that contact would not really be possible) by Saturday Evening (7/22/06) the site would be shut down.

Well I checked Sunday morning (or more like afternoon) and it was still up. A little while later, however, it was down.

Personally, if you have a copyright violation claim from the owner, then the site should have been taken down from the get go.... Unless there is some history there with the site. (i.e. the site is legit... other people fraudulently claim to be the rightful owners of copyrighted materail but have been proven wrong at least once already....... )

I am sure people are out there making fraudulent claims to get legitimate sites shut down (or try to anyway), but when presented with so much proof and information to give such doubt but several different sources and STILL not do anything, I can't believe it.

So I guess this is now an advertisement for the scammers to host with Lunarpages as they are a FRAUD FRIENDLY host. Not really the kind of label I would be looking for if I were a hosting company.
- peg -

peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby grumpyoldman » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:15 pm

they do it because they can. when you and they are talking it is just you and them. nobody else can see or ever hear of it. if oprah had mentioned it on her show, the site would have vanished forever instantly. the BBB told me, that they only mediate disputes between the company and customers and since i wasn't a customer i should just go call the police. there is really no where to go when you see these things going on. it like you see a hole in the road that all the cars are driving around, so you stop and try to call and have it fixed. but they say, if you didn't fall in, its not your business. call back when you have a dead body.
grumpyoldman
Adolescent

Previous

Return to Let's Send some Mail