RSS Feed

A place to find overall announcements about the forum, and the site.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

RSS Feed

Postby peg » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:20 pm

Well, I have finally gotten around to getting the RSS feed of our fraud database up and running.

For anyone who is interested it can be accessed at http://escrow-fraud.com/feed/feed.xml
At the moment, it's only Beta, so suggestions are welcomed. It will "Update" every 10 minutes. Unfortunately at this time, it will update the <lastBuildDate> element at that time too (regardless of if there is any change) until I have time to put the logic in that verifies if something has actually changed.

It currently will display the last 500 entries into the database. I don't know if that's too many or not enough, but that's the number we went with. The list will also be the Newest entry on top to the oldest entry on the bottom. Links are provided in the feed back to the fraud_data that we have on file. The feed also contains the IP address which we found the site at the time of entry into the database.

Again, any suggestions are welcomed.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RSS Feed

Postby peg » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:11 pm

I have now updated the RSS Feed generation. it will no longer UPDATE every 10 minutes. It will, however, check to see if an update is needed every 10 minutes. Only if there has been additional sites added to the database, will it actually update the feed.

Again, any suggestions about the RSS Feed or any other portion of the site are always welcome.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Announcements