Spanish bank accounts

If you have been defrauded, or suspect some fraud, that is NOT escrow related, then please air your comments here. The more that's here, the more people can be informed.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Spanish bank accounts

Postby CapriceFéline » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:30 am

Warnings from Spain

Since many years fraudsters were successfull by proposing money transfer via Western Union. But an increasing number of people refuse this method of payment.
In almost every country in Europe it is not as easy to open a bank account. You must have an income, have to be trustable and it is only after a certain time that you receive a creditline, checks and a credit-card.

In Spain however you pay only 20 Euro into your new bank account , you receive a credit card immeadiatedly and the account is opened.

Scammers from Roumania discovered these conditions of spanish Banks. They change their strategies. The "seller" of a car isn't no longer an english "seller" but a "honorable" spanish one with a bank account.

Don't trust SPANISH SELLERS with a SPANISH BANK ACCOUNT !

Caprice
Wer kein freundliches Gesicht hat, sollte keinen Laden aufmachen. Chinesisches Sprichwort.
CapriceFéline
Adult

Re: Spanish bank accounts

Postby Bterfood » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:15 am

CapriceFéline wrote: Warnings from Spain

In Spain however you pay only 20 Euro into your new bank account , you receive a credit card immeadiatedly and the account is opened.

Scammers from Roumania discovered these conditions of spanish Banks. They change their strategies. The "seller" of a car isn't no longer an english "seller" but a "honorable" spanish one with a bank account.

Don't trust SPANISH SELLERS with a SPANISH BANK ACCOUNT !

Caprice

Unfortunately that is true.

With a note that your creditcard is functioning as a normal Pinpass and there is a 0 limit on the card. You can only obtain a credit if you indeed have a regular job and a NIE number (Numero Identification Extranjeros = Identification for Foreigners) combined with a social security number.

Indeed be wary of Spanish sellers, especially if they do only business in English.

CapriceFéline wrote:Don't trust SPANISH SELLERS with a SPANISH BANK ACCOUNT !

Be careful how you say things. I happen to be a Spanish seller (Ebay and some more) and very logical I HAVE A SPANISH BANKACCOUNT (would be strange if I did not would it :wink: )

But Generally I agree with that. IP check would be helpfull and google could be your best friend in lots of cases :wink:
Bterfood
NewBorn

Postby peg » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:14 pm

And most importantly ....

If it sounds to good to be true..........
It probably is!
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Other internet Frauds and Scams