Is this car sale a scam?

If you have been defrauded, or suspect some fraud, that is NOT escrow related, then please air your comments here. The more that's here, the more people can be informed.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Is this car sale a scam?

Postby evildocrsx » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:32 am

There was a nissan skyline on ebay that i contacted the seller about the buy it now. He agreed to sell it to me. But i was never the confirmed winning bidder. He wanted me to send the money to a supposedly ebay agent via western union money transfer to Denmark. He's supposed to ship the car from Amsterdam. The supposedly shipping company is http://www.cargolines.net. I checked the website and it's registered but it's not working. The agent Joyce Belea that's supposed to do the transaction is being contacted at safepay@invoice-financial-department.com and i can't seem to find any info on this. i contacted support@cargolines.net and they confirmed that tha car was there. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks
evildocrsx
NewBorn

Postby JaxHot » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:18 am

Does the fact that the website is gone have any significance at all?
Yes
It was taken down because it was fraud.
INVOICE-FINANCIAL-DEPARTMENT.COM
is also fraud.

Report the eBay UD that was used to try to rip you off.
Also post the scammer's email here.
JaxHot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby evildocrsx » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:32 pm

charity baker" <charity.1@hotmail.com
this is the e-mail of the person trying to scam me. He didn't respond back to me when i mentioned that i wanted to use an escrow service of my own.
evildocrsx
NewBorn

Return to Other internet Frauds and Scams