RESUME SCAMS

If you have been defrauded, or suspect some fraud, that is NOT escrow related, then please air your comments here. The more that's here, the more people can be informed.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

RESUME SCAMS

Postby peg » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Be wary of anyone asking for your resume. Particularly if they already have supposedly seen it. I submit as an example the following:

Received in my personal email wrote:Hello,

We came across your resume and wanted to let you be the first to know about executive and professional job openings that have matched your resume as a canidate to excel with our business. We have an amazing employment opportunity for you. To secure your interview, we need you to go to the following link and fill out the one page form. http://www.eliteresumes.net/executives As soon as we get your completed information we will be in contact with you to setup your interview.

The link above is a private link for selected individuals only, it will become in-valid on August 12, 2012

Thanks & Regards,

Jennifer Garza

Executive Decisions LLC

The "Headers" of the email are as follows:
Code: Select all
Return-path: <jgarza@executivedecisions.com>
Envelope-to: DELETED EMAIL ADDRESS
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 08:12:02 -0500
Received: from server.scottishmusiccentre.com ([91.186.26.5]:54819)
   by gator1516.hostgator.com with esmtps (TLSv1:AES256-SHA:256)
   (Exim 4.77)
   (envelope-from <jgarza@executivedecisions.com>)
   id 1SzSWu-0000kI-F2
   for DELETED EMAIL ADDRESS; Thu, 09 Aug 2012 08:12:02 -0500
Received: from cpe-76-183-183-115.tx.res.rr.com ([76.183.183.115]:56727 helo=google.com)
   by server.scottishmusiccentre.com with esmtpa (Exim 4.77)
   (envelope-from <jgarza@executivedecisions.com>)
   id 1SzSWT-0002VT-A6
   for DELETED EMAIL ADDRESS; Thu, 09 Aug 2012 14:11:33 +0100
MIME-Version: 1.0
Reply-To: jgarza@executivedecisions.com
To: DELETED EMAIL ADDRESS
Subject: Re: Your Resume was selected.
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
   boundary="----=_NextPart_001_5B13_1EB209E3.75977C51"
X-Mailer: SmartSend.2.0.127
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 08:11:54 -0500
Message-ID: <63883455446962190624756@hot>
List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:?subject=Unsubscribe>
Disposition-Notification-To: <jgarza@executivedecisions.com>
X-Priority: 1
X-MSMail-Priority: High
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - server.scottishmusiccentre.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - DELETED EMAIL ADDRESS
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - executivedecisions.com
X-Spam-Status: No, score=1.8
X-Spam-Score: 18
X-Spam-Bar: +
X-Spam-Flag: NO

A look at the whois for the domain of eliteresumes.net shows that the site was created on 12 July 2012. just about 3 weeks ago.

Sorry... I don't think so.

Anyway, my point is, is that although I didn't go to the website nor did I provide them with a copy of my resume, Had I done so, I would most certainly be a victim of ID theft, not to mention that I might have been offered a job as a Money Mule. In all cases, nothing GOOD will come out of this.

So how do you know which ones are legit? That's a good question. Unfortunately there is no simple answer. You can even be scammed by one of the "Legit" ones. Not that the Monster.com's of the world are looking to scam you, but by other deceitful methods, you can be sent to a "Look-a-like" site such as Monster or HotJobs and get sucked in. Here are a couple of things to do to protect yourself:

Only use a KNOWN site

Never click on the link in the email to get to that site. Type the address in the browser yourself (Don't be that lazy)
    If it looks fishy, sounds fishy, and smells fishy, it's probably not the best one to pursue
    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If you are not sure either walk away (best bet) or atleast do a thorough investigation (not recommended though)
    If you are still not sure...... ASK! Ask US, Ask a friend, ask Law Enforcement. DON'T ask the person/group that sent you the email. They will only tell you what they want you to hear.
One might think that some of these things are OBVIOUS, but obviously they are not otherwise, these crimes would stop as they would no longer be profitable. Don't let greed or desperation of a situation get in the way of your common sense. That's most often how these scams are successful.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RESUME SCAMS

Postby imaspammer » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:55 am

No, you're a dumbass.

You see, your email was scraped. Meaning you left it laying around the web like the dumb bitch that you are.

No one stole you identity, you just got the email.

The site it links to is legit though.

Cya. ;)
imaspammer
NewBorn

Postby FRAUDcaptian » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:28 am

Well after reviewing the post by peg, I have come to the conclusion that this email is not a scam, spam, fraud of any kind. All the email states is to go and search for jobs on their site. Where in the hell did you get id theft? LOL :lol: :lol:
Obvioulsy you have posted your resume on other websites before or they wouldnt mention that they have reviewed your resume, and even if they did....you already put ur resume online..remember! U sure do alot of "investigating" over some bullshit. get a life or something peg! uSTARTED THIS WEBSITE CAUSE WHEN YOU POSTED YOUR RESUME ON resumerabbit or thecareernews, monster.com, carrerbuilder.com they regected ur shit so u made this forum to bash other people ..
FRAUDcaptian
NewBorn

Postby lightfair » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:44 am

Nice. Looks like peg struck a nerve with you spammers.
lightfair
Master

Postby peg » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:22 pm

Ah... I love it.

To those of you who are trying to say I am an idiot or I did it to myself, you are WRONG.

The purpose of this thread was to inform others to NOT go to those websites of Unsolicited requests and provide your information or resume. Why because they are a scam. I get these SPAM/SCAM emails because I have chosen to make my email address available for communications for my website(s) and thus it gets harvested.

Either way, I was NOT a victim of ID theft, my resume was NOT rejected by ANY (legitimate) website where it was posted (and it's a limited few that I trust) in fact I have a fairly nice job. I do this Website in my spare time.

Calling people names with profanity only shows a level of immaturity and gives little validity to your (dare I say) argument.

I welcome a valid argument or criticism and would be happy to respond, but only if you can do it civilly.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby georg » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:40 pm

imaspammer wrote:No, you're a dumbass.

You see, your email was scraped. Meaning you left it laying around the web like the dumb bitch that you are.

No one stole you identity, you just got the email.

The site it links to is legit though.

Cya. ;)

Auf deutsch... :P : wasn das für`n Spinner ?
gruß
georg
europe support
georg

Postby mattkearns » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:19 am

I think that your ID is safe, just make sure that you are not posting your resume everywhere. Keep it confidential and send it to the appropriate people only.
mattkearns
Infant

Return to Other internet Frauds and Scams