Buyer Beware

If you have been defrauded, or suspect some fraud, that is NOT escrow related, then please air your comments here. The more that's here, the more people can be informed.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Buyer Beware

Postby ozelynn » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:30 am

I am in Australia and wanted to purchase a Rocket espresso machine from Germany where prices are much more affordable than here,including the quite expensive postage costs.
I researched and contacted owners of websites and found one who spoke exellent english but more importantly, he had the "trusted shop"symbol.
After I had deposited the 1050 euro into his bank account in August 2011...at the time in Australian dollars it was over $1350.00
I have of course not received my espresso machine to date (Feb 26 / 2012), nor have I ever received one email from him, despite my repeated emails asking when he posted and with what postal company ??
I also paid an extra 50 euro for additional packing so that it was double boxed on top of that

I have also phoned him in Germany, he says "its on its way" but it never gets here .
His name is Andre Jacobs and his website is http://www.hotcup4you24.de.

Living outside of the European Union I do not seem to be able to get any help from any consumer protection groups, to try and get my money back.
ozelynn
NewBorn

Re: Buyer Beware

Postby peg » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:35 pm

ozelynn wrote:I am in Australia and wanted to purchase a Rocket espresso machine from Germany where prices are much more affordable than here,including the quite expensive postage costs.
I researched and contacted owners of websites and found one who spoke exellent english but more importantly, he had the "trusted shop"symbol.
After I had deposited the 1050 euro into his bank account in August 2011...at the time in Australian dollars it was over $1350.00
I have of course not received my espresso machine to date (Feb 26 / 2012), nor have I ever received one email from him, despite my repeated emails asking when he posted and with what postal company ??
I also paid an extra 50 euro for additional packing so that it was double boxed on top of that

I have also phoned him in Germany, he says "its on its way" but it never gets here .
His name is Andre Jacobs and his website is http://www.hotcup4you24.de.

Living outside of the European Union I do not seem to be able to get any help from any consumer protection groups, to try and get my money back.

I cannot say for certain that the site is a fraud as I have not dealt with them and the site does seem to have been legitimately registered for several years (since at least 2009). That being said, however, the "Trusted Shop" symbol seems to be just that. A symbol. Did you click on the link? I did. I got the following message:
    Dieser Shop ist nicht für das Trusted Shops Kundenbewertungssystem registriert.
Which translates to:
    This shop is not registered for the Trusted Shops rating system.

There is the first real flag for me. Claims to be verified by an outside organization but it is not.

Next I checked to see if the site is SSL secured (although they don't seem to claim it, any ecommerce site should be SSL protected)

I got a certificate warning. It's the WRONG site. (*.sarto.de) and ultimately is not encrypted. This is the next flag.

I know this information doesn't help resolve the issues but it could be helpful going forward. I am trying to find what "Agencies" might be available to help you. If I locate some I will post them as well.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Buyer Beware

Postby ozelynn » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:17 am

thank you
ozelynn
NewBorn

Return to Other internet Frauds and Scams