eBay Power Seller Scam?

If you have been defrauded, or suspect some fraud, that is NOT escrow related, then please air your comments here. The more that's here, the more people can be informed.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

eBay Power Seller Scam?

Postby whiteknight » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:45 pm

Hi sorry about the format of this post, but I cut and paste from the email I got when I had been outbid on an item. On offer are goods that are about half price as offered in the UK????

Subject: Information about the LATEST JVC LT23D50 23 LCD TV WITH FREEVIEW ITEM:9701414920

This message is an e-mail , with info about the item you are interested to buy !

Power Seller
Our New Symbol of Recognition
Look for the PowerSeller icon next to the member's user ID: that is our symbol of recognition for qualified PowerSellers. You can feel assured that your transaction will go smoothly and that you are dealing with a seller who has consistently met the requirements established by eBay.

LATEST JVC LT23D50 23 LCD TV WITH FREEVIEW Item number: 9701414920

Member Profile: informaticaperte ( 13153)

ID History

Items for Sale

Visit my Shop

Hello, my name is Alan Astero, I am an eBay Power Seller from Roma - Italy !

We are an Authorised Trust Point & A Point of Excellence, unlike nearly every other eBay seller. Just check our eBay feedback profile and you'll see that your item will be with you in a fast, informed professional manner with an all important after-sales service to match.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us: informaticaperte_powerseller@yahoo.it
If you look for a great deal : Visit my shop !
INFORMATICAPERTE

Hello there,
I am very glad that you are interested in my product.
Here are the terms that we both should take care in order to bring this deal to an end.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
The item is brand new,sealed in original factory box , i have a total of 10 units like this , if you will buy more than 3 unit , i will make a discount of - 25 % at the final price .
It comes with all accesories from the factory and user quides in more languages.
It is compatible with your country use:voltage,system and all.
The warranty is 3 years from the factory and will be honored by any dealer in your country.

ABOUT THE SHIPPING:
FREE postage with EXPRESS COURIER .
The shipping will be made directly from the warehouse were these are stoked.
I will use qualified couriers fully insured for your piece of mind , fast delivery ( only 3 working days ) , and i will pay the shipping fees .
After the shipping i will give you the " TRACKING NUMBER " of the package to check on-line the status !

The payment must be made with in 24h after the shipping confirmation !

REFOUND :
You have 14 day to try and see if the items is working good.If you are not satisfied with what you get ,but i doubt that will happen, you can
ship it back within 14 day for a FULL REFOUND no question asked !
ABOUT THE PAYMENT :

The best way to send the payment for it and the fastest is using a ""
You should find the nearest location and go there and fill in a form with details.
If you want to move faster you should call ( 0800 833 833 if you are in United Kingdom ) or ( 1-800-CALL-CASH UNITED STATES ) and send the money from your credit card over the phone.
You will receive a confirmation that will alow me to trak the transfer.
Here are the details that i need:

-Sender name and address
-Reeicer name will be me
-Exact amount wired
-MTCN # (10 digits)

If it is possible a scanned copy of the recipt in format JPG for me to add to the files.
TAXES :
If you want to pay no taxes (VAT included) let me know and i will declare the package "non value item" or as GIFT when making the shipping.
You also have to say at W U that you are sending money for a friend and metion nothing about a deal because you will probably pay more money
(extra charged for payments transfer) and i will also have to pay 15% from the amount to the state at the end.
Here are the details that you need for the wire:

First name: Alan
Last name: Astero
Address: Via del Bosco Antico 25A
City: Roma
Zip code: 00040

Please let me know if you agree with all this and lets start the transaction !
If you need to buy other things just e-mail me and i will help you ! WE OFFER ASSISTENCE ON-LINE
ON
YAHOO MESSENGER

Add us at your YAHOO MESSENGER LIST , and feel free to
contact us at this YAHOO MESSENGER address:
(informaticaperte_powerseller@yahoo.it)

FINAL PRICE FOR ( 1 unit i.v.a & shipping included ) : 360,00 EURO
FINAL PRICE FOR ( 3 units i.v.a & shipping included ) : 800,00 EURO
FINAL PRICE FOR ( 5 units i.v.a & shipping included ) : 1400,00 EURO
FINAL PRICE FOR (10 units i.v.a & shipping included ) : 3000,00 EURO

ITEM DESCRIPRTION & PICTURES :

informaticaperte ( 13153)
JVC LT23D50 - UK AWARD WINNING 23" LCD TV / MONITOR
10W total RMS Output
? Widescreen Picture Modes
? Supplied with Tabletop Stand
? 2 SCARTs
? S-IN, AV IN
? IDTV (Integrated Digital TV Receiver)
? W-XGA (1280 x 768) panel
? 4 Speaker System
? PC PIP
? Component Input
? PC Input
? Hyper Sound (Surround Effect)

Copyright © 1995-2005 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
[url][/url]
whiteknight
NewBorn

Re: eBay Power Seller Scam?

Postby georg » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:38 pm

Subject: Information about the LATEST JVC LT23D50 23 LCD TV WITH FREEVIEW ITEM:9701414920

1.The real-seller from this item is: beanian (perhaps the account is hacked)

2. the zip-code from the street in Roma/Italy is incorrect

3. the seller informaticaperte have no items in ebay in this moment

Fazit: the e-mail is a FRAUD / FAKE !!!!
georg

re: eBay Power Seller Scam

Postby whiteknight » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:04 am

thanks Georg for confirming what I suspected. As people keep saying "if it's to good to be true" it is.
whiteknight
NewBorn

RE: eBay Power User Scam

Postby whiteknight » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:46 pm

Georg (and others) thought I'd let you all know it is a scam for sure. I gave a made-up name & address and the email response stated

Shipped goods can be tracked via http://www.icargo-courier.com which as you probably all know is a spoof site for "WWW.FAST-INTERNATIONALCARGO.COM".

Thanks from a "new-born"
whiteknight
NewBorn

Re: RE: eBay Power User Scam

Postby georg » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:11 pm

http://www.icargo-courier.com

a new born FAKE-Site (created 09.03.2006)....but a old design.....boringly and stupid :D

Greetings from Germany

Georg
georg

Re: RE: eBay Power User Scam

Postby peg » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:49 pm

whiteknight wrote:Georg (and others) thought I'd let you all know it is a scam for sure. I gave a made-up name & address and the email response stated

Shipped goods can be tracked via http://www.icargo-courier.com which as you probably all know is a spoof site for "WWW.FAST-INTERNATIONALCARGO.COM".

Thanks from a "new-born"

Well to call it a spoof is a bit incorrect. A spoof, to me, indicates that it's copied from a legitamite site, and neiter of these 2 are legitamite. In fact, I have seen this particular site layout SOOOOOOOOO many times, that as georg put's it, it's BORING. I don't even investigate those sites any more. I see it and immediately tag it as a fraud. I stopped counting in the neighborhood of 50 (or so) and I stopped capturing the images at about 31. If I do see one that has been altered enough, I would capture it though.

Thanks for your input and please continue to keep your eyes open and let others know too.
- peg -

-- eschew obfuscation!! --
If we were able to help you please consider making a donation to support this site.
Donation button at the top of page.
peg
Site Admin
Site Admin

ebay Power Scammer-Power Scammer User

Postby Eric Brewster » Tue May 16, 2006 7:44 pm

Yep as Peg and others have said, if it is too good to be true then it is. On ebay is a perfect place for scammers to use it for international scamming; Oh they are no spoofs, whiteknight the way things go......the scammers may be conning about more than 100 innocent people for things that they have stolen from other people after ripping them off.

Of course the scammers will go and keep things at warehouses or places they know that will store these illegal goods. They would take pictures of the items, price them so the purchaser thinks they can get something that is priced way down then the purchasers decide to get the items and send the scammers the money; after the transactions are finished then the purchasers find out that they do not get the goods then do not get the money exchanged as the scammers disappear to scam someone else.
Eric Brian Brewster
Eric Brewster
Adolescent

Return to Other internet Frauds and Scams