Ebay Fraud

If you have been defrauded, or suspect some fraud, that is NOT escrow related, then please air your comments here. The more that's here, the more people can be informed.

Moderators: georg, suziecue, JaxHot

Ebay Fraud

Postby buyer2006 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:48 am

Well, the Ebay fraud guys are at it at a real fenzied pace. I got on this morning and reported (to EBay) about 30 more car fraud listings. Here is the deal, NEVER buy a car that is offered for half or less of what it is worth, if it looks like a scam, it is. NEVER buy from anyone that is not a registered user, for obvious reasons. Never buy from anyone who has zero feedback. And NEVER EVER NEVER send money to Eastern Europe or Nigeria. ( I was prompted to send money to Slovakia, and no I did not send anything)
The scam is all the listings are for preapproved bidders, you must e-mail the guy, he sends you a small program hidden in the e-mail that changes your host file, to redirect your browser to a fake Escrow.com. Then he tells you to send money to an eastern european bank. I wrote to Ebay and pointed out these obvious scams, they do Nothing!
buyer2006
Infant

Return to Other internet Frauds and Scams